United States - Page 2

--
Boots

September 8th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

What can I say, the Confederate prison in Salisbury was the place where the first picture of a baseball game was taken/drawn/painted. (I can't remember which right now). Lol, I think that's hilarious...

Of course... that was before it wasn't wayyyyy over capacity.
September 8th, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

lets hear it for Chesty Puller from good ol VA.
September 19th, 2004  
Delta210

Without a doubt it would be Virginia. The list of military greats who hail from Virginia is staggering, as well as the numerous institutions in that state dedicated to the military. Virginia, hands down.
--
Boots
September 19th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
I say VA! It's got battles at famous Norfolk, Lexington, Richmond and other places that don't come to mind at the moment. It also houses West Point Military Academy and the Virginia Military Institute. There is also Langley Air Force Base(a premeire research center for NASA), the Norfolk Naval Station and Quantico Marine Corps Base(home of the FBI Acadamy, OCS and the USMC Scout Sniper School). Geezaloo... What else?
West point is NOT in Va.....try NY.
September 19th, 2004  
>*CrAzY*<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hulk 1988
Quote:
I say VA! It's got battles at famous Norfolk, Lexington, Richmond and other places that don't come to mind at the moment. It also houses West Point Military Academy and the Virginia Military Institute. There is also Langley Air Force Base(a premeire research center for NASA), the Norfolk Naval Station and Quantico Marine Corps Base(home of the FBI Acadamy, OCS and the USMC Scout Sniper School). Geezaloo... What else?
Aren't there two of them?????
September 19th, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Lets hear it for the Tar Heel state, for sticking it to the Feds. (even though we fought on the wrong side (just look back at history)), and for having a soldier go the farthest in Picketts Charge. Also we supplied the Rebs. with i believe 1/4 of the entire troops during the war. Last but not least our states nickname which originated from the Civil War.
and thats my unbiased opinion.
September 19th, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCadet142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hulk 1988
Quote:
Aren't there two of them?????
The actual USMA is in NY.....all the government spensored academies, USNA, USMA, USCGA, USAFA and the Merchant Marine Academy are in the north or west. I am not knocking VMI, it is one of the best.
September 22nd, 2004  
03USMC

Being Born and raised there I say the Great State (and the only one to fight and defeat another country by themselves.)of TEXAS.
September 23rd, 2004  
Lil Hulk 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Being Born and raised there I say the Great State (and the only one to fight and defeat another country by themselves.)of TEXAS.
With the help of the men of Kentucky and Tennessee.....
September 23rd, 2004  
ACTaFOOL82

Everyone thinks it was white guys in the Alamo, but there were Mexicans too, not many but they were there.

Although the actual defeat of the Mexicans at San Jacinto, was won by Texans. They caught Santa Anna with his pants around his ankles.