Ubuntu Linux

I have heard of it but have yet to try it out....

To bad there wasnt more video game support with linux, that is really the only thing holding it back from being a viable threat to Windows...

Ordered a free CD of Ubuntu a few months ago and got 15 of them on door delivery :)

Ubuntu is quite good but I ditched it due to the lack of an effective development enviroment as found in Suse or Mandrake. But for basic work and a quick start to the world of Linux the Ubuntu distribution is a good pick.

Tried, but couldn't even get my modem working.

meh
WLan worked right away here.. :)

Havent tried other distributions than Ubuntu yet (other than RedHat Enterprise), but I'll download a few other version to try them out as well..

Any recommendations Sunb?? :smil:

Well, depends on that you want actually but try this link and check out one or more categories to see what fits you http://www.linux.org/dist/list.html

Personally I would go for SUSE for development and Mandrake for the more common usage, however a general distribution of Ubuntu would do the trick if you do not have high demands for add on applications and software, though the Ubuntu software release seems more interesting now than a year ago so I guess I have to check it out again.

Hum... Redhat... ;)

Last edited:
Back