U.S. Military Support?

View Poll Results :Which Presidential Candidate would be the best supporter of the U.S. military?
Kery 7 26.92%
Bush 19 73.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

--

August 3rd, 2004  
David Hurlbert

Topic: U.S. Military Support?

Which Presidential candidate would be the best supporter of the U. S. military?
August 3rd, 2004  
Bootboy82

I think Kerry would be better for the US military because he KNOWS what war is like. therefore he probably wouldn't send troops anywhere in the world if it's not for a really good reason.
August 3rd, 2004  
LeatherNeckRVA

two ways to look at it. Kerry would be more conservative with the deployment of troops, maybe even superior tactically, however bush will more than likely continue to pay us better than any president has before. He also expanded our budget for new gear etc. so I'm going with bush.
--
August 3rd, 2004  
Airborne Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootboy82
I think Kerry would be better for the US military because he KNOWS what war is like. therefore he probably wouldn't send troops anywhere in the world if it's not for a really good reason.
...Realizing, of course, he voted against the first Gulf War and for this one.
August 3rd, 2004  
jen.parabellum

Bush. For proof against Kerry, look at his voting record against our military and the programs (weapons etc) that they desperately needed. He voted against our men and women in Afghanistan and Iraq, he voted against body armor that could cut (not prevent) the number of KIA.

Kerry threw his medals away and then he came home and started talking garbage against those who were still serving over there. He also filmed himself after the fact walking around like he was the savior of the day. Oh please.

We need a president who is not going to waffle on the issues, I do not want a Commander-in-Chief who will send our troops off to a foreign land where they could die - only to leave the job not finished.
August 4th, 2004  
soldierzhonor

Bush without a doubt.

John Kerry has reversed roles entirely too many times to even be trusted. He voted for Iraqi Freedom because he was part of the Senate Intelligence Committee and told of the threat Iraq posed the US with their WMD's and now says Bush misled us into a war when HE was part of the committee himself. Then he voted against appropriations for the military while there were troops in the field. This is the same man who came home from Vietnam and spoke of American soldiers committing atrocities all over Vietnam...yet then when he needs vets for an election he called the same soldiers his "Band of Brothers"

Even besides Kerry, I cant see democrats supporting a strong military. Now he speaks about bringing jobs back to the US when he supported NAFTA and the Heinz corporation has factories in several countries other than the US itself. Th military doesnt need a wishy washy liar. It needs someone who says they'll do something...and actually do it.

If you wanna marry a fairy...vote for Kerry, but if you wanna win....put Bush back in.
August 4th, 2004  
Sooners1

Bush has already proven his support of the military. It is in his blood, his father is a huge supporter of the millitary. Kerry on the other hand is not proud of the time he served in the military and thinks of it as a complete and total mistake, until recently when he realized how many people are in the military and he decided he needs the votes, that is when you started seein him with Vets. Before he always bad mouthed the military and has always voted for major cutbacks.
August 4th, 2004  
Desire

BUSH...at least he should....someone needs to support our boys and Kerry has not.
August 5th, 2004  
silent driller

I'm gonna go with Mr. Gee Dubya Bush. Kerry has a rather dubious record with the military. Sure he served in Vietnam and all that, but he came back to the states and turned into a military hating peacenick shmuck. I'll go with Bush.
August 5th, 2004  
Mark Conley

yep..Bush.

Nope....Kerry