U.S. Army Awards Ruger contract for 5K Pistols

Armychef

U.S. Army Awards Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. Contract for 5,000 Ruger P95D (Decock-Only)9mm pistols. I'm hoping that the army will make a lager purchase from Ruger as the P95D is a damn good service pistol. They have come a long way from the P85 which was not ready in time for the contract that Beretta won for the first US 9mm.

83L.gif

Thoughts?

I like Ruger Revolvers but not thier autos. Too heavy, accuracy is okay but nothing to write home about.

Good side easy maintaince, reliable due to looser tolarances it should be good for a desert enviroment.

Would I have choose the Ruger? Nah. I think the Goverment was given a bargin price and a rapid delivery promise. There are other much better weapons out there.

Hard to explain, i just like the feeling of the M-92. The Colt .45 id never want to take to battle. It seems to me that if im using my pistol im gonna be up close, and id rather have 15 9mm shots, then 7 .45 slugs. But thats just me. The M-92 just feels good in my hand, i think that the switch the the sig is not far off though.

The US Military already issues Sig p226's and P 228's to certain elements.

And while a 9mm round may expand a 45ACP round never shrinks ;)

Back