Type 98,98G,99 tank - Page 3

--

February 26th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I'm sick of RPGs being referred to as "spitballs". They are extremely effective, potent anti-tank weapon, especially in their latest forms.
Surely its a good weapon in its up to date form but as I was referring to rpg-7 that are used by insurgents, its like their ak-47 most often produced illegally from poor materials and poor knowledge of making it and not to mention its ammunition too, variable as are their users.
February 26th, 2005  
Snauhi

Actully Iraq had a premision from Russia to produce RPG-7
February 26th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
Quote:
I'm sick of RPGs being referred to as "spitballs". They are extremely effective, potent anti-tank weapon, especially in their latest forms.
Surely its a good weapon in its up to date form but as I was referring to rpg-7 that are used by insurgents, its like their ak-47 most often produced illegally from poor materials and poor knowledge of making it and not to mention its ammunition too, variable as are their users.
The RPG-7 can penetrate 320mm of armor, that's more then enough to get through the turret ring and engine compartment of any modern MBT. The PGV-7R can penetrate 600mm of armor, this can penetrate the flank hull and turret of many modern MBTs. As I said, lethal.
--
February 27th, 2005  
MadeInChina

Quote:
The difference: The American laser beam will BLOW up your tank.
lol, seriously man, dont go and bash my comments just because it offended ur strategic ally

control ur rage man, besides, give some proof that american laser could blow up tanks??? other wise ill take it that ur just flaming and bashing
February 27th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
There is no laser weapon in development that can kill tanks.
February 28th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Quote:
Quote:
There's gonna be soon enough. You know that laser gun they're going to mount on a 747 to blow up strategic missiles? Tell me how that wouldn't work on ground targets.
February 28th, 2005  
MadeInChina

well dont just spurt out supposebily wrong answers and statemetns, give some sources please
February 28th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There's gonna be soon enough. You know that laser gun they're going to mount on a 747 to blow up strategic missiles? Tell me how that wouldn't work on ground targets.
Packing a laser that powerful into a land platform won't be accomplished anytime soon. Not to mention that missiles packed with pressured fuel flying at hypersonic speeds made with thin aluminum are a lot more fragile then tanks with 40 tons of composite armor on them. A missile or sabot is a much more efficient anti-tank weapon.
February 28th, 2005  
lemontree

Just to clarify, role of the the laser beam mounted on the Type 98 is confuse enemy laser range finders. The laser is used in conjunction with a laser warning receiver that is also mounted on the turret.
February 28th, 2005  
lemontree

Topic: Re: Type 98,98G,99 tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
new type 99 is said to have 1500 horse power engine
The Type 99 is 'said' to be a Type 98 chassis, with a turret having a 152mm gun. The increase due to heavier gun (from 125mm for Type 98 MBT) will increase the tank wt to about 75 tons.
My question is, what engine is being used to propel the Type 99?..Is it a different engine from the Type 99 or is it the same 1200 hp deasil engine.