Two cautioned over wireless Internet "piggy-backing"

Yeah 2wire is a router, usually the one you get from your telecom company (ISP) and has the DSL modem built in....

PM me and I should be able to assist you in securing your network....

or you can try for yourself with the use of the 2wire site http://www.2wire.com/

Last edited:
I like DTop's answer. No harm as long they aren't doing any freaky on there that can be traced to the net service provider and doesn't catch the piggy backer.

heh, i find it all alright, as long as it's unsecured. If it's out there, it's fair game. Like leaving a picnic basket full of food and open in the middle of a playing field un-attended. It'll probably be missing a few bits when you get back, but you should have secured it if you didn't want that to happen.

Piggy backing will become more of a problem as ISP's move away from unlimited bandwidth accounts to capped accounts, this was something that I didn't believe would ever happen given the development of technology but I see it is becoming more common.

If that happens, then the whole scenario would indeed change. A piggy-backer (I hate that phrase) would be denying part of the limited internet access to the paying customer, IMO. Considering how easy it is to at least require a password to access your router, I don't know why anyone wouldn't.

Last edited:
If it gets that bad, and the internet becomes a totally commercialized space run solely by corporations... there will be no reason to pay for it, or use it for that matter.

Back