Tsunami Donations per capita results

--
Boots

January 7th, 2005  
chewie_nz

some figures i thought were interesting (esp per capita results)

http://norightturn.blogspot.com/2004...-contests.html
January 7th, 2005  
Locke

interesting figures, but i would like to see them from a source which is a bit more politically neutral
the table is in desparate need of being updated
little johnny howard has pledged AUS$1billion and he is showing in the media that he has a heart, onya johnny!!!
January 7th, 2005  
Redleg

Interesting to see Norway on top of that list..

It's even possible that the government will give more.
Many "high ranking" Norwegians wants us to give around 6-10 Billion NOK (around 6 NOK = 1 USD)...
Over 400,000,000 NOK have been donated to aid organizations so far, and there will be a big TV charity tonight so that number should go up even more...

But I'm getting a bit "worried" that we may ge giving "too much" now..
ref my post here:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...?p=80571#80571
--
Boots
January 7th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke
interesting figures, but i would like to see them from a source which is a bit more politically neutral
the table is in desparate need of being updated
little johnny howard has pledged AUS$1billion and he is showing in the media that he has a heart, onya johnny!!!
yeah, sorry about the political bent of that website ( i happen to agree with it but i would've prefered something a little more impartial)

do you think this aid from Aus ( to indonesia ) will go some way to thawing relations between these two countries?
January 7th, 2005  
Locke

oh yes
and its a very good thing, you should always try to be on good terms with your neighbours, especially when they are a lot bigger than you. it has certain benefits as they can help us with getting into trade agreements with other asian countries
its definently looking good
January 7th, 2005  
Zyca

Taiwan has donated US $50 mil from the government and the private donation is already over US $57 mil as well. With a population of 23 mi, I thought the list should include Taiwan... Owell I guess I know why we are not on the list
January 7th, 2005  
AlexKall

Never mind, I used my and read what it said hehe

I dont get the numbers they claim they used, as they dont match even slightly?

I would guess they used these numbers

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...eut/index.html
January 8th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyca
Taiwan has donated US $50 mil from the government and the private donation is already over US $57 mil as well. With a population of 23 mi, I thought the list should include Taiwan... Owell I guess I know why we are not on the list
i don't think it's due to "that".
it's a wee bit outdated. has mainland china donated yet?
January 8th, 2005  
Lil Hulk 1988

Donations of money is great, how many nations are there with helos, ships and "feet on the street" in force helping these people? Money means nothing without getting the aid to the people, just ask the people of Africa.
January 8th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Australia, NZ, The US, France

those are the ones i know of at least