TRANSLATION PLEASE?

Del Boy

Can I have help with translation please? English is quite hard enough for me.

It is England 1915 apparently. Looks to me like London Scottish or London Irish.
Language appears to be Dutch - hey, my grandmother was Dutch.

"Eerste Wereldoolog:mobilisatie, oorlogverklaring: Kring soldatan houdt doek vast en werpt soldaat outmoog tijdens voorbereidingen op de strijd aan het front."

Attachments

• kilt.jpg
    kilt.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 20
Yes it's Dutch, and this is what Google translate says.
Not a 100% accurate translation, but you should understand what it's about. :cool:

"First World War: mobilization, declaration of war: soldiers Circle book down and holds out possibility soldier throws during preparations for the battle at the front"

Yes it's Dutch, and this is what Google translate says.
Not a 100% accurate translation, but you should understand what it's about. :cool:

"First World War: mobilization, declaration of war: soldiers Circle book down and holds out possibility soldier throws during preparations for the battle at the front"

Thank you kindly Sir. The plot thickens - ve-e-ry interesting Watson.
England 1915 it claims. Some sort of going to the front ritual - judging by the plaid Irish or London Scottish/Irish perhaps.

Looks like a case for Ghost-Busters - I think it's a case MontyB even:smile:

Last edited:
Try google translate

"First Wereldoolog: mobilization, declaration of war: Circle soldatan canvas and holds out possibility soldier throws during preparations for the battle front."

Well better late than never I guess...

Translation:
First World War, mobilization, declaration of war: a group of soldiers with a cloth to throw one of them into the air during preparations for the battle at the front. England, 1915

Looking at the uniforms I would take as guess that they are 2nd Battalion of the London Scottish Regiment as the 1st Battalion were already in France by 1915.

Last edited:
Back