Transformers

--

July 8th, 2007  
phoenix80

Topic: Transformers

Just saw it... Didnt like it. waste of time and money. Also, it is in the business of bashing America.

Don't recommend it at all!
July 8th, 2007  
Fox

Aww, man, come on, dude. It's an awesome movie! lol
July 8th, 2007  
phoenix80

May be, it was awesome for you. Wasn't one for me!
--
July 8th, 2007  
major liability

How does it bash America?
July 8th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

I think it was an okay film. A little kiddy in some parts but then again it was about Transformers.

It wouldn't really be a film bashing America because the USAF gave the film so much support that it is crazy. The three V-22s in the start of the film are the three real V-22s that the USAF has. 99% of the troops on screen were real USAF personnel. Most of the military scenes were film on base at Edwards Air Force Base if I'm correct. The F-22s you see on the tarmac are real F-22s along with the F-117. Also the tactics pf the Spooky being used to lay down cover fire. etc.....

The Department of Defense does not allow any support for films if the film in anyway makes the US Militray or the USA as a whole look bad.

Oh, before I forget. The pilot of the helicopter pilot in the Transformer was the base commander of Edwards Air Force Base. All he did was glue on a mustache.

I found the first half of the money great (military scenes). The scenes with the kid was okay. But the whole Sector 7 was kinda Men in Black kiddy....The fight scene towards the end of the film was great. As I said, I'm not a Transformer Fan. I thought that it was a little kiddy at times but in general it was a good film.

Anyways, I support this film for one reason....

Hasbro has said that if Transformer does good they will make a G.I. Joe movie. And I love G.I. Joe!!!!!!!
July 9th, 2007  
MightyMacbeth

so it wasn't all 'kiddy'? Because I thought it would have been some other fantasy movie for pre teen kids
July 15th, 2007  
A Can of Man

G.I. JOE!!!!!!!
July 16th, 2007  
Infern0

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
Also, it is in the business of bashing America.

Don't recommend it at all!

er.....what???

michael bay ( the director ) has the biggest hard on for the US military in his movies EVER

im sorry, but i just dont see how you could consider it anti-american...and since you dont cite your reasons, there's absolutely no chance
July 16th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0
er.....what???

michael bay ( the director ) has the biggest hard on for the US military in his movies EVER

im sorry, but i just dont see how you could consider it anti-american...and since you dont cite your reasons, there's absolutely no chance
Okie Dokie!
July 16th, 2007  
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
I think it was an okay film. A little kiddy in some parts but then again it was about Transformers.

It wouldn't really be a film bashing America because the USAF gave the film so much support that it is crazy. The three V-22s in the start of the film are the three real V-22s that the USAF has. 99% of the troops on screen were real USAF personnel. Most of the military scenes were film on base at Edwards Air Force Base if I'm correct. The F-22s you see on the tarmac are real F-22s along with the F-117. Also the tactics pf the Spooky being used to lay down cover fire. etc.....

The Department of Defense does not allow any support for films if the film in anyway makes the US Militray or the USA as a whole look bad.

Oh, before I forget. The pilot of the helicopter pilot in the Transformer was the base commander of Edwards Air Force Base. All he did was glue on a mustache.

I found the first half of the money great (military scenes). The scenes with the kid was okay. But the whole Sector 7 was kinda Men in Black kiddy....The fight scene towards the end of the film was great. As I said, I'm not a Transformer Fan. I thought that it was a little kiddy at times but in general it was a good film.

Anyways, I support this film for one reason....

Hasbro has said that if Transformer does good they will make a G.I. Joe movie. And I love G.I. Joe!!!!!!!
V-22s are, I think, of USMC not Air Force, but I can be wrong. Moreover, I think it was filmed at Holloman AFB since at the end of the movie that famous US Army UH-1N, used in the white sands and Holloman AFB, appeared on the screen. Looked like the below chopper (this is a model thou but still looks the same)

There are couple of UH-1Ns in this scheme at the range and also at Holloman AFB so I assume they filmed it there.

Updated:

And look what I found

Two V-22s (of only three in the United States Air Force inventory) were filmed in flight at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico, on May 26, 2006 for the 2007 Transformers film.