Transformers

LOL

I am not blind... i m just suspicious of some people and it is my right to be. Indeed, if democratic values were left to people like you, we wouldn't have democracy at all.

Maybe thats because his idea of democracy ISN'T the one where only the extremist far right point of view is tolerated and where dissent is crushed.

Transformers comes out next week in Europe, I will see if it is 'America-bashing' as you claim.

Last edited:
I actually thought that, by any standards, the respect shown towards the US Military in this movie was amazing, it wasn't like Independence Day where 90% of our armed forces (err, 85%, sorry) were wiped out in one day. Even in the scenes where the US Forces were slaughtered I felt that it was done in a realistic (as realistic as you can get when the whole basis of the movie is that these cars transform into 80 foot robots) manner, the soldiers at the base in... the UAE? at the beginning didn't just run around like chickens with their heads cut off, they were scrambling to return fire, you could see men running towards their tanks, infantryman returning fire. During the movie I even thought to myself "Even though this is showing the US military getting demolished, I don't feel as though it is doing so in a negative, intentional manner."

Edited for Content
I removed any parts of this post that I thought gave away aspects of the plot since mmarsh hasn't seen the movie yet. You owe me. ;)

Last edited:
I dont give a rats rear about Mmarshs movie experience he should come back to the states where he belongs.

The only 2 thigns that caught me was the detection of a helicopter 5 miles out of a major US military base. Hopefully it would be long before that. And the fact that at the end of the movie the F-22s were being used for ground attack, with missiles not JDAMs.

I dont give a rats rear about Mmarshs movie experience he should come back to the states where he belongs.

The only 2 thigns that caught me was the detection of a helicopter 5 miles out of a major US military base. Hopefully it would be long before that. And the fact that at the end of the movie the F-22s were being used for ground attack, with missiles not JDAMs.

hmmm, good point

Rabs -Your wish is granted, I'm on my back August 2. WOOHOO!
Damien435 -Thanks.

July 25 is going to be tough. The Transformers, AND the Simpsons Movie come out the same day.

Decisions, Decisions.

Yes, the Simpsons do bash the government a lot, but they do so in a tasteful, a "we're going to hit everyone equally" sort of way.

It's humor and comedy... no one minds it! :-o

Transformers is a movie about cars that become giant 80 foot tall robots. It's entire idea is from a 1980s Cartoon and Comic Book story.... Sit back and enjoy the film.

If you want to talk about a movie that made the USA look bad. JARHEAD is the movie in my opinion.

I can't say about JARHEAD make the America look bad. But IMO, it'd be "Born on the Fourth of July" makes America look bad. (I've been reading all this thread, tho)

Transformers is a movie about cars that become giant 80 foot tall robots. It's entire idea is from a 1980s Cartoon and Comic Book story.... Sit back and enjoy the film.

If you want to talk about a movie that made the USA look bad. JARHEAD is the movie in my opinion.

oh sure...

"Howard the Duck" made America look bad. The movie was so bad I didn't think we were capable of producing such a stinker. The World has never forgiven us.

Spider-Pig was brilliant, as good as the 'Homer Simpson' song (sung to the tune of the Flintstones intro).

Last edited:
I can't say about JARHEAD make the America look bad. But IMO, it'd be "Born on the Fourth of July" makes America look bad. (I've been reading all this thread, tho)

Yeah but "Born on teh Fourth of July" I thought did a good job of showing people what can happen to servicemen once they are seen as "no longer useful" by the government.
I thought that was pretty important and I didn't think there was so much in the way of dishonest propaganda in it. I could be wrong but that's what I thought anyway.

Back