Totalitarian Leaders

View Poll Results :Who do you think is the most evil totalitarian leader?
Edi Amin 0 0%
Ceausescu 0 0%
Pinochet 0 0%
Fidel Castro 0 0%
Slobadon Milosovic 0 0%
Kim Jong Ill 0 0%
Mao Zedong 1 6.25%
Saddam Hussein 0 0%
Adolf Hitler 6 37.50%
Joseph Stalin 7 43.75%
Pol Pot 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 19th, 2004  
I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S

Topic: Totalitarian Leaders

Who do you think is the most evil totalitarian leader?
February 19th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Sorry

Sorry, But Hitler has his own catagory....Way ahead...
February 19th, 2004  
Redneck

Pinochet wasn't too bad. I know a whole passle of Chileans (maybe 20-30) and not a single one of them doesn't like Pinochet (and it's not like I met them all in one place or they even knew each other).

And Pol Pot wasn't really a totalitarian leader, he was more the commander of a rogue geurrila army.
--
Boots
February 19th, 2004  
Anonymous

Quote:
Sorry, But Hitler has his own catagory....Way ahead...
Why does he have his own catagory? Some of these guys tacked up death tolls 10 times as high as Hitler. What criteria are we looking at here for categories?
February 19th, 2004  
Redneck

I don't have the numbers on hand to back this up, but I can say without a shred of uncertainty that Stalin has the highest death toll.
February 19th, 2004  
Anonymous

Stalin's toll is around (edit, typo - not 40 million, 20 million)

Mao Zedong's toll was a little over 48 million.
February 20th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

I voted Stalin. I considered Hitler but what made him evil for the most part was killing 3 million Jews. Stalin is more evil because he killed millions of his own people for no reason whatsoever for the large majority.
February 20th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

I thought it was 6 million Jews?
February 20th, 2004  
Redneck

Thanks for the correction RnderSafe, guess there's more than a shred of doubt now, right, Sir?
I really am sadly uninformed on Chinese history, especially considering that they and one of their neihbours are likely going to be very important to me personally in the future.
February 20th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

3 million Jews and 6 million people in the holocaust if I remember. the other 3 mil would have included political dissidents, POWs, gypsies, homosexuals, etc.