Topic changed -- Japanese atrocities vs Nazi Atrocities. - Page 4

--

December 14th, 2004  
flyingsnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladius
If you ask other countries who where take over by the Japanese, the Phillipines, Malaysia, ect. they will tell you how bad the Japanese really were and all the atrocities they comitted.

Japan is in total denial about this, their weak excuse is they got nuked, so in their eyes that make everything they did okay.

The problem with Japan's atrocities versus Germany's is that, althought Germany did alot of atrocities, they were mainly commited by the SS. Most of the common German soldiers conducted themselves arcording to the rules of war, and behaved well. That is NOT the case with the Japanese, with them the atrocities were done mostly by the common soldier.
I totally agree with your opinion!
I have just read the bestseller book "Bond Of Brother ", the common German soldier won the respect from Allied despite of the failure of Nazi in the war.
December 14th, 2004  
A Can of Man

The Japanese were worse... maybe they didn't target a specific group like the Nazis did, but overall brutality of the common soldier and officers was simply horrifying.
Human tests etc. were standard. They would capture mostly Koreans (because of their proximity to Japan) and would conduct live human tests on it... such as poisons and antidotes tests... basically live lab rats.
Sadistic lot really.
A Japanese commander in the Philippines I believe was convicted of eating the organs of American prisoners.
It is seriously sick stuff. But to them largely, anyone not Japanese, was barely human.
Of course forced labor was the order of the day for many. As the war went bad for the Japanese, they did what the Germans did, force people from captured lands to serve in their ranks.

As for the German regulars committing atrocities, it was a pretty brutal war in the Eastern Front. I don't know if their level of crime committing was well beyond the ordinary.
December 15th, 2004  
DarkSmari

as for the prisioners, they deserve it for not serving their country to the fullest gratitude.

as for the deaths, any army would do so.
--
December 15th, 2004  
2Asskicker

will r u finding excuses for japanese army's horrible actions on prisoner??
December 16th, 2004  
DarkSmari

aHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHa!!! HAHA!

THe us army does worse, we japanese do less, all japanese believe that
December 16th, 2004  
03USMC

Okay I understand you are trying to use the Bushido Code as a referance towards the POW's not fulfilling their duties. However if you look at Bushido it was older than the 2nd World War. Russian Prisoners in the Japan Russo War were treated well. Bushido was bastardized by the officers to follow.

Pray tell. Where in Bushido does it encourge the beheadings and bayonetings of civilians? The impressment of young women as sex slaves? To enhance the samauri spirit?

The people of Japan were lead astray by a Military. I will agree with that. But to deny the atrocities is blindness.
December 17th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

The bulk of the people of Japan will probably never acknowledge that Japan did most of what they did. That is unconscionable and utterly disgusting -- the one and only thing that the Japanese as a people do that really really bothers me. You don't organize a system that rapes each of the estimated 200,000 women up to 40 times a day, walk away and say, "We did nothing wrong." The rape of Nanking happened and it was only one of many cases of Japan doing unthinkable things.

Any person from Japan ought to have the decency to be ashamed and just acknowledge that Japan did some absolutely terrible things. Whether or not you are directly involved, your country was. You country is denying absolutely everything they can deny. The people of Japan ought to be embarassed that their leaders would deny everything and vote the filthy bastards out for it. I don't understand why Japan does it the way the do.

By contrast, Germany and its people have behaved themselves much more decently on this. Their government has done many many things to repair the damage (in Russia's case, they took their payback on East Germany). They do not try to tell everyone that they didn't do it. That would be dishonorable, dishonest and a disgrace.
December 17th, 2004  
Zyca

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
The bulk of the people of Japan will probably never acknowledge that Japan did most of what they did. That is unconscionable and utterly disgusting -- the one and only thing that the Japanese as a people do that really really bothers me. You don't organize a system that rapes each of the estimated 200,000 women up to 40 times a day, walk away and say, "We did nothing wrong." The rape of Nanking happened and it was only one of many cases of Japan doing unthinkable things.

Any person from Japan ought to have the decency to be ashamed and just acknowledge that Japan did some absolutely terrible things. Whether or not you are directly involved, your country was. You country is denying absolutely everything they can deny. The people of Japan ought to be embarassed that their leaders would deny everything and vote the filthy bastards out for it. I don't understand why Japan does it the way the do.

By contrast, Germany and its people have behaved themselves much more decently on this. Their government has done many many things to repair the damage (in Russia's case, they took their payback on East Germany). They do not try to tell everyone that they didn't do it. That would be dishonorable, dishonest and a disgrace.
That is also why it's difficult to forgive the Japanese for what they did because they won't admit it! If the attitude was changed, Japanese and their government educate their people of what happened in WWII and they sincerely apologize to all who were wronged, I don't think anyone would still be this angry at them.
December 17th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

True, its the denial in the face of massive massive evidence that pisses off those nations and people victimized.
December 18th, 2004  
PLAbuddy

AND, japan should not continue to worship dead soldiers ,espeically war criminals anymore, that is sort of encouraging the re-born of ultru-nationalism in japan..

and , they should not change their text book, avoiding their mistakes, arguing the "advantages" of invading other asian nations