Thousands beaten, raped in Irish reform schools (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - A fiercely debated, long-delayed investigation into Ireland's Roman Catholic-run institutions says priests and nuns terrorized thousands of boys and girls in workhouse-style schools for decades — and government inspectors failed to stop the chronic beatings, rapes and humiliation.

More...

(I am not snipping this to go aginst the nuns, just as one of the examples and because the "Sisters Of Mercy" holds more sarcasm - or am I already going cynic here? Bolding by yours truly...):

The Sisters of Mercy, which ran several refuges for girls where the report documented chronic brutality, said in a statement its nuns "accept that many who spent their childhoods in our orphanages or industrial schools were hurt and damaged while in our care."

"There is a great sadness in all of our hearts at this time and our deepest desire is to continue the healing process for all involved," the Sisters of Mercy said.
All of those involved, if they had any conscience or shame, would publicly confess, beg forgiveness and then commit Harakiri in my book.

findings will not be used for criminal prosecutions — in part because the Christian Brothers successfully sued the commission in 2004 to keep the identities of all of its members, dead or alive, unnamed in the report. No real names -snip- appear in the final document.

Okies, guys/gals, I give you a page to publish them if you want.

Rattler

Last edited:
I've heard about stuff like this happening in the Catholic church waaaaaay, years back....sigh..its unfortunate for the children, families, and victims...The authorities need to apply full force law on all the scumbags that commited these horiffic acts..

Great, and they wonder why people don't believe in that stuff anymore.
Religious power was never meant for individual human beings.

Back