Do you think your vote counts in your countrys elections? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Do you think your vote counts in your countrys elections?
Yes, My Vote Counts 12 100.00%
No, I dont believe my Vote Counts at all 0 0%
My Country does not have elections 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

June 18th, 2004  
Darkmb101

My vote HAS to count other wise whats the point of voting? Back in the sixth grade my friend lost the class president election by 1 vote. So every vote counts.
June 18th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well mark, those countrys usually have elections for the Parliament, which do not effect on the ruler himself, so your right about that...But some countrys have no election and people still have the internet.
June 19th, 2004  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman105
Well mark, those countrys usually have elections for the Parliament, which do not effect on the ruler himself, so your right about that...
Exactly what we have here, although I have to say our queen isn't in charge. She has certain duties, but she can't decide the cource of our country on her own.
I voted "yes" btw.
--
Boots
June 20th, 2004  
FutureOKtrooper

The Importance of One Vote:

In 1645, one vote gave Oliver Cromwell control of England.

In 1649, one vote literally cost King Charles I of England his head.

In 1714, one vote placed King George I on the throne of England and restored the monarchy.

In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German.

In 1850, California was admitted to the union by a margin of one vote.

In 1859, Oregon was admitted to the union by a margin of one vote.

In 1868, one vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment.

In 1875, a one-vote margin changed France from a Monarchy to a republic.

In 1962, the governors of Maine, Rhode Island and North Dakota were all elected by a margin of one vote.

…And there are countless others. So yes, my vote does count!

(The information listed above was taken from an essay provided by the Honorable Mary Morgan, Supervisor of Elections, Collier County, Florida.)
June 22nd, 2004  
Italian Guy

[quote="FutureOKtrooper"]In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German[quote]

I knew something about the German Americans from PA, but...
June 22nd, 2004  
Uncle_Sam

[quote="Italian Guy"][quote="FutureOKtrooper"]In 1776, one vote gave America the English language instead of German
Quote:

I knew something about the German Americans from PA, but...
Yep only one vote. Imagine us talking German now.
I think the history would be totally different, starting from WWI.....
June 23rd, 2004  
silent driller

Of course it counts. Yours could be the vote that wins your guy the election. I didn't know that about speaking Deutsch vs American Redneck English!
July 4th, 2004  
bush musketeer

Topic: vote

is Aus it is compulsory to vote, if you dont you get fined unless you have religious reasons (sounds real domocratic )

unfortunatly i dont think my vote does count even though i vote in every election. because we really only have two choices of who will get in liberal or labour. and they both seem to be as bad as each other. no other partys are big enough to get in control.
July 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

On the other hand, BM, when you have like say 5 parties then governments get unstable and fall within months from their creation.
July 6th, 2004  
PFCMiller

Topic: yes

yes it counts very much