Which of these tanks can perform the best? - Page 10

--

May 17th, 2009  
Ice Tea

Odds are, the amount of munitions each system is capable of storing and how many simultaneous projectiles can be dealt with at a time are classified, since in this knowledge lies the key to hitting a Merkava Mark 4 equipped with these systems.

I think the Merkava usually doesn't have to deal with so many incoming threats all at once, but I honestly don't know enough to say. I imagine Sherman's got an infinitely better idea of what it's like.
May 17th, 2009  
SHERMAN

I am under the impression that TROPHY can handle several threats at the same time. I am not sure, I never even saw the system other than in youtube videos.

Merkava faces the same ammount of threats as any other tank in the world, you can have 4-5 missiles comming at you one after the other, from diffrent angles. But the chance of two missiles comming in at the same millisecond is not high.

No one said active protection systems are perfect.
May 21st, 2009  
Avksentii

TROPHY and Iron Fist (Israel), Quick Kill and SLID (USA), LEDS - Land Electronic Defence System (SAAB), TAMS (Marconi) (UK) - are the experimental system! Can you give me information about they used in the real battle ?
--
May 21st, 2009  
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avksentii
TROPHY and Iron Fist (Israel), Quick Kill and SLID (USA), LEDS - Land Electronic Defence System (SAAB), TAMS (Marconi) (UK) - are the experimental system! Can you give me information about they used in the real battle ?
Unless Israelis employed a few against Hezbollah no they haven't.
May 21st, 2009  
Avksentii

Quote:
Unless Israelis employed a few against Hezbollah no they haven't.
Amphibological, left from the answer. For the 3 years with the development of the Trophy I haven't a photo MBT Merkava-3,4 with this APS.
May 21st, 2009  
SHERMAN

actually i have seen them on operational tanks, but its still just tests in combat units.
June 1st, 2009  
oRTouCH

I won't answer this according to their battle capability but M1A2 looks cool and I love to use it in some computer games. The French Leclerc is the ugliest one among them. According to a theory by me "If something looks cool, it can perform better"
June 4th, 2009  
Draconian

I would say the best would be the Abrams, not counting what it takes to keep it moving. The thread is, after all, asking which PERFORMS the best. Close seconds are the Leopard 2 and the K2.
June 4th, 2009  
A Can of Man

We'll have to see about the K2. Can't tell if a tank is good or not unless it's at least a few years old.
June 4th, 2009  
SHERMAN

Speaking of the Abrams, anyone knows about cases of the Abrams being hit by Kornet-E or a similar missile(1200mm after ERA)?