Texas Man Stands up for What is Right - And Shoots to Kill

I understand what you're all saying and a lot of it is true, but what about the family and friends of the burglars themselves? I know it may seem like i'm siding against the man that shot the two, but wouldn't it have been more humane to have maybe gotten in there and hit them over the head with the butt of the rifle? That way, the police could arrive and it would be a bit less..... violent, so to speak.

Ditto what ml said.

Anyways, that is what happens when you are family members of criminals. Yes, it's sad for what they feel...but it's that mentality that has screwed up our justice system. (IMHO).

In short, I don't really care about the families of the law breakers.

I'll bet that if they were aware that their relatives were committing robbery, they would not have reported them to the police, making them accessories to the crime. So the message here is, if you feel that a family member is committing criminal offences, report them to the authorities yourself, and perhaps save their lives, if you don't and they are killed whilst committing an offence you have no one to blame but yourself.

In this case the burglars knew the possible consequences of their actions and knew that it was sanctioned by law, if they didn't, ignorance of the law is no excuse..

I agree that, those who wish to prey on society must take the risk of becoming a victim of that society. I think that Texas has got it right in this respect and wish it was the case in Australia.

I've been thinking about the fact that he was seventy years old. I agree with what senojekips said and that was one of the points I was trying to get across.

No, but I'd be very glad he cared enough to protect my property if I was that neighbor.

If the government had it's way we'd be letting out child molesters out after two years and keeping someone who has weed in the prison system for 10 years.

Oh, wait, they are already doing that.

Vote in better Government if you do not like the way things are going.

The White House (Republican) is in charge of the DoJ at the moment, perhaps a change of Party.....

I fully agree with Senojekips and Major makes a nice true point.

This situation is a symptom of the lack of the effectiveness of the law and its implementation. It was a message to the authorities of his frustration and desperation on this score. Will he get a medal? Is there any doubt that they would have killed him if they felt they needed to?

Just like here, a change of party is not enough, it requires a complete change in attitude, or a new party of the people which carries such an attitude; zero tolerance of those who prey on society.

Last edited:
Everyone has a reason to commit a crime.
In almost every case you see, it's never an inevitable.
In America there's just about a million ways a guy can get out of poverty. All you need is to graduate from high school, which by the way, is possibly the easiest thing you can do in your whole life. And if you messed up, then you can get high school equivalent certificates. I cannot think of a system that is more forgiving.
Then you turn to crime?
There is no excuse.
If these people win, if these people are eligible for all sorts of "rights" and privileges then we who follow the rules and laws are the losers.

Vote in better Government if you do not like the way things are going.

The White House (Republican) is in charge of the DoJ at the moment, perhaps a change of Party.....

And DOJ controls the federal level. The problem the main problem is at the State level. Federal sentencing and truth in sentencing is fairly straight forward and adhered to. The states all have different standards.

The big zero tolerance push in the 80's on narcotics charges in most states failed to recognize the difference between street level dealers and traffickers and users who were caught with wieght. So we end up clogging the system with dime baggers which leads to early paroles in the state systems on other types of charges to include violent and sex offenses.

The Fed's on the other hand only pick up cases that violate the USCC
and BOP is not nearly as clogged as are the state DOC's. So Fed offenders if convicted end up doing generally 75% of their sentence before eligable for the Fed Parole system.

So blaming the DOJ or the White House is not even realistic when you consider that the States control the majority of the issues on setencing parole probation etc. The State legislature would be a better place to voice your opinion.

Autopsy: Burglary Suspects Shot In Back
Dec. 8, 2007

HOUSTON - An autopsy showed two burglary suspects were shot in the back allegedly by a Pasadena neighbor who witnessed their crime, KPRC Local 2 reported Friday. The suspects were also in this country illegally, according to authorities. Pasadena police said suspects Diego Ortiz and Hernando Torres should not have been in the United States. Police said they made the discovery while investigating the fatal shootings of the two men from Colombia using multiple names. Pasadena police spokesman Capt. Bud Corbett said, "We understand that one of the suspects originally identified as DeJesus, later identified as Hermano Torres, was incidentally deported in 1999 back to Colombia."

Police said Torres was arrested in 1994 and charged with possession of cocaine with the intent to deliver. He got a 25-year sentence, started serving time in prison, but was paroled and deported back to Colombia in 1999.

Corbett said, "Their alien status doesn't really change anything about what we do."

The autopsies showed the suspects were shot in the back. Police first thought the chest and side wounds were the bullets' entrances. Instead, police said, they were the exit wounds.

Pasadena resident Joe Horn said he shot and killed the two men after he saw them breaking into his neighbor's home.

The 911 call taker repeatedly told Horn not to shoot. Some in Pasadena say no one would have been shot had they not broken the law.

Manuel Palomarez said, "They've broken the law twice over -- once being illegal here and twice breaking and entering. It doesn't matter."

New Black Panther leader Quanell X has protested in front of Horn's home. He wants Horn to face murder charges.

Quanell X said, "We understand clearly that they were in the country illegally. But that's for the immigration and ICE officials to handle. Mr. Horn, what he did was murder. He shot both men in the back."

Horn's attorney did not wish to comment for this story.

Not too into the idea of shooting people in the back, but they were illegal, breaking-and-entering AND one of them had a coke charge in the past.

Sounds like the world was better off, no matter where they were shot.

I'd give the man a Marksmanship award. As for "Quanel X" he should be arrested and charged under the "Stupid Names Act of 2007"

So why does a Black Panther care if two Colombian illegals got shot in the back? And why do they insist on using X as a last name?

And why do they insist on using X as a last name?

It's a childlike ploy that makes boring twats think that their name sounds mysterious and unknown. Y'know like "The X factor".

Look at me, look at me!!,.... I'm very deep and mysterious unlike you ordinary people, therefore I am to be taken very seriously... Snort,... giggle. (Fer Christ's sakes pick me up, Spike says, as tears of mirth stream down his face).

If it was the other way round and the 2 illegals had shot the elderly guy, Mr X would be right there protesting on their behalf.

I don't see why we should take this leader of a racist organization seriously.
By the way, they were Latino. Just because they might have dark skin don't exactly make them "black" y'know?
They make their last names "X" as a symbol of striking off their "slave name." Of course they could try to trace their lineage and adopt their old name or a name that is more representative of those of their ancestors if they cared enough.
Someone please shoot this racist.

Back