Taurus TCP .32 Auto

joshwright2006

Can anyone tell me about this gun Taurus TCP .32 Auto. Is it a good or bad choice. I know its not as great as other brands or other guns. But what is your outlook on this specific one.

Can anyone tell me about this gun Taurus TCP .32 Auto. Is it a good or bad choice. I know its not as great as other brands or other guns. But what is your outlook on this specific one.

Never used the .32 but I have used an early 380 model and had all sorts of issues with jamming (both feed and extractor) but I have been told this was fixed in later models, on the whole though I have only read good reviews of the more recent models.

I am sure someone will be able to give you a users view though.

The 32ACP would not be my first choice as a self defence piece, however, its better then nothing.

A friend of mine was a police dog handler, during a raid he felt a sting in the calf of his leg, he though nothing of it and carried on with the raid where he recovered a 32ACP Walther. Later on back at the cop shop he dropped his trousers and found he had been shot through the calf by the 32ACP. He simply stuck a band aid over both holes and went back to work.

Yes shot placement is everything, but personally I'd want something with a bit more bite. Is this firearm for your young lady? If it is, has she sufficient knowledge to clear a misfire or other malfunction? Remember this might have to be done in an emergency with an attacker bearing down on her. If she is a complete novice I would strongly suggest a revolver.

I have a .45 for my primary selfe defense. I was just looking at a small back up weapon for my secondary, and yes mainly for my wife. she can shoot my .45 pretty good but still got to teach her about clearing jams and other things.

I have a .45 for my primary selfe defense. I was just looking at a small back up weapon for my secondary, and yes mainly for my wife. she can shoot my .45 pretty good but still got to teach her about clearing jams and other things.

A 38 Special is a pretty good back up piece. I once carried a 1911 and a small frame 38 Special as back up, it was quicker to grab my 38 Special then do a mag change.

I'd start teaching her I.A drills sooner rather than later.

Back