Tanks should get bigger? - Page 2

View Poll Results :Will tanks get bigger?
Tanks will get bigger 3 12.50%
Tanks will stay about the same 7 29.17%
They'll get smaller with improved technology 14 58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

--

April 4th, 2005  
chewie_nz

i miss the scorpian!
April 4th, 2005  
SwordFish_13

hi,

I want this thingy ............

Peace
-=SF_13=-
April 4th, 2005  
Doppleganger

Tanks will get smaller, though not that much smaller. The most modern armies will end up with 2 tanks, one a proper MBT in size and role and the other an air-portable tank designed to hold ground and achieve limited objectives until the heavy stuff arrives by sea.
--
April 4th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
hi,

Peace
-=SF_13=-
I like it too
April 4th, 2005  
FO Seaman

As a matter of fact the US Army was considering not having tanks.
April 4th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFish_13
hi,

Peace
-=SF_13=-
I like it too
Looks like a larger copy of the Ontos.
April 5th, 2005  
thegrinch073

The US had one similar to that during the Vietnam War. It consisted of 4 recoiless rifles on a tank chasis. It was lightly armored and had to be reloaded by having the crew go outside. It was barely used and when used, it was not effective.
April 5th, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrinch073
The US had one similar to that during the Vietnam War. It consisted of 4 recoiless rifles on a tank chasis. It was lightly armored and had to be reloaded by having the crew go outside. It was barely used and when used, it was not effective.

the russian vehicle looks like an anit aircraft platform....four small AA missles & two 30 mm cannons. not recoiless rifles
April 5th, 2005  
CABAL

As far as I know, this tank is a demonstration item and is undergoing modifications.
April 5th, 2005  
Kozzy Mozzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrinch073
The Ontos. It actually worked a little in Hue, all 4 rifles going off scared snipers away.