Swine Flu - Page 3

--
Swine Flu

June 26th, 2009  
ari

Swine Flu
You can't really tell if you have normal Influenza or Swine Flu. I was sick a few weeks ago after I had been out clubbing, so there was probably good chance I got something from someone :S Probably SWINE FLU
June 26th, 2009  
AJChenMPH

Honestly, if you did get H1N1 flu (I refuse to call it swine flu), you're better off -- it'll give you a level of protection if/when it comes back around in the much more virulent form. (Don't bother getting tested, though.)

How is it Down Under right now (given that it's your winter and your flu season)? Are a lot of people getting sick? Are they getting really sick or just mildly sick?
June 29th, 2009  
ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJChenMPH
Honestly, if you did get H1N1 flu (I refuse to call it swine flu), you're better off -- it'll give you a level of protection if/when it comes back around in the much more virulent form. (Don't bother getting tested, though.)

How is it Down Under right now (given that it's your winter and your flu season)? Are a lot of people getting sick? Are they getting really sick or just mildly sick?
As far as I know, four people have died sadly from H1N1 flu in Australia. A a lot of people have been getting sick, but it's hard to know what is the regular flu and what is H1N1 flu without getting tested. I myself got pretty sick, sicker than I usually get when I get a flu.
--
Swine Flu
June 29th, 2009  
AJChenMPH

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is currently reporting 127 deaths in this country from H1N1 flu (as of 6/25/09), and that's the number I'm looking at vs. the number of confirmed cases. Just about everyone who's winding up in a hospital's intensive care unit with flu-like symptoms is getting tested, so they have a good handle on who's dying from H1N1 -- but the estimate of people who simply have H1N1 is so high that they can't test everyone who they think might have it.

Don't get me wrong -- 127 deaths is a lot of people, particularly if one of those people was your loved one. But it still pales in comparison to the 36,000 or so people who die every year in the US from regular flu. If the number of confirmed H1N1 flu-related deaths exceeds 10,000 in the US, that's when I'm going to start worrying.
June 30th, 2009  
ari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno
"Ich really hope my movie realises its full global potential and doesn't peter out after a promising start like swine flu."
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/glance/83...miere/?rss=yes
July 13th, 2009  
willm

Swine flu was man-made created and spread because they want to chip the entire population. Bye bye humanity.

From what I read, WHO will probably announce mandatory vaccinations today (Reuters).

It's all well planned. 2 years ago, a friend of mine asked me how they would be able to chip everyone without noticing. I told him: "One of the ways would be to spread a deadly virus and force everyone to get a shot." It's unfolding right in front of our eyes.

Please folks, I'm not gaining anything by posting this, but I like my fellow human being: Don't take the shot!

I bought myself a couple of these:
http://www.mouthmask.com/

And if it gets really nasty, I'll lock myself up for a year if I have to. I'm prepared.
July 13th, 2009  
A Can of Man

The mouth mask isn't going to do a thing except protect others if you have it.
It wasn't man made. There are variations of flu everywhere.
And if they wanted to weaponize this sort of stuff, they have a lot of things to choose from and a lot are far more deadlier than this swine flu.
July 13th, 2009  
perseus

A GP and a child have just died of this in the UK. This latest death brings the total number of swine flu-related deaths in the UK to 17. A patient in Essex who passed away earlier this month was the first person in the UK without underlying health problems to die of swine flu, but it is not yet clear whether these two latest cases suffered from any other type of health problem.

I'm not sure how common it is for otherwise healthy people to die of Flu of this intensity.
July 14th, 2009  
wolfen

Ain't yall just giddy waitin' for this one to mutate and go freakin crazy?
July 15th, 2009  
perseus

Looks like everyone in UK will get innoculated, starting in September. Not sure if this is much good if it changes though!