surprise the other day

Sara

Shepherdess
I was talking to my son who is awaiting to be deployed soon.
In the midth our conversation he says matter of fact.. "mom , when I reenlist.." and then went on to tell me what he planned.
Although I know he loves being in the army, I was a little surprised. Now that I think of it, I had told someone before that I knew he would make this his whole life. Just felt it. I'm proud of him. Just wanted to share that with ya'll.
Some may be thinking " wait til he gets the real experience of being at war",, but it doesn't matter to me.
It's just the fact that he loves his country so much he doesn't think any different and most likely never will.
I hope so anyway, and pray everyday for all of our military, allies, return home safely to their families. And I also pray this war will be over soon.

I sometimes want to ask the members who are in the military or vets how they feel about this. How long do you think it will last?
Your opinion if held highly with me as you have been there. Anyone, a civilian like myself, I tend to hope, but then usually feel negative about it. I wonder if the vets feel the same sometimes. Everyone really, wish everyone would share their opinion on this. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for any opinions.:salute2:

Last edited:
I spent most of youth in the Army. Some bad times (which memory tends to diminish) and a lot of good times. For various reasons my sons cannot serve, this both saddens me and causes me relief.
You are right to be proud of your son.

Thank you for your service

Thank you for answering. I often wonder how the vets feel.

Thank you for your service.

I can understand how you feel Sarah. At one time my eldest boy was also thinking of enlisting. In fact he may still do. But in the end he decided to go to Uni instead.

I do feel proud of all the young men and women that go off to war and are not afraid to do so. But for parents, like us, it can be a bitter-sweet experience.

John Adams once said.

I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy.
  • Letter to Abigail Adams (12 May 1780)

It is my desire that my sons will never have to worry about conflict. However, should my sons decide to follow in my footsteps and embark on a career in the military, No father will ever be prouder than I.

Back