Staff Duty on Christmas Eve

Duty Honor Country

Staff Duty never stops and I have the honor of being on Brigade Staff Duty from 0900 24 DEC to 0900 25 DEC. I cannot leave the Brigade area so that killed my Christmas party plans. The wife is not too happy about all this either. Lets just say I will be a ready and video game playing fool all day tomorrow.

Since there is no celebrations for me on the 24th I will be enjoying myself later today. A friend of mine who owns a bike shop is throwing a party around 4pm until we decide enough is enough. In classic fashion I will ride my MT bike there and the wife will come get my :drink: arse. The bike needs a little work done anyways.

Tomorrow enjoy yourselves. Thats an order

DHC

Staff Duty never stops and I have the honor of being on Brigade Staff Duty from 0900 24 DEC to 0900 25 DEC. I cannot leave the Brigade area so that killed my Christmas party plans. The wife is not too happy about all this either. Lets just say I will be a ready and video game playing fool all day tomorrow.

Since there is no celebrations for me on the 24th I will be enjoying myself later today. A friend of mine who owns a bike shop is throwing a party around 4pm until we decide enough is enough. In classic fashion I will ride my MT bike there and the wife will come get my :drink: arse. The bike needs a little work done anyways.

Tomorrow enjoy yourselves. Thats an order

DHC

Aww, that sucks! I hope the day goes by quickly and you at least get some (spiked) eggnog at some point. I'm really sorry, Casey. Merry Christmas, anyway.

Jill

Make sure you take plenty of snacks to munch on :mrgreen:

I was thinking more along the lines of turkey and potatoes in a crock pot. It is not very hard to do and it will feed those who are on BDE staff duty with me. Dont forget the cran berry sause. I hope my soldiers will be happy tomorrow.

Aww, that sucks! I hope the day goes by quickly and you at least get some (spiked) eggnog at some point. I'm really sorry, Casey. Merry Christmas, anyway.

Jill

I had a bottle of wine and somegood Belgium white beer. I am sure my spelling has suffered a little but the intent is what matters. Since I get to spend 14 hours of my Christmas at home, I should be greatful. There are too many soldiers who are away from their families for me to be selfish about staff duty.

sigh

a soldier overdosed on liquor and prescription pills. He is in serious condition. I will never understand why people subject themselves to such things.

On a happier note my turkey turned out good. I added a little too much broth in the beginning so it looked more like turkey soup. The guys were happy regardless and devoured 4 lbs of turkey. I think next time I will not add extra liquid and see what happens. The trial and error of cooking new things.

May the remainder of my tour be uneventful.

I hope the soldier will be okay, and I, too, hope the rest of the night is uneventful for you! Merry Christmas, DHC! :)

Sorry to hear that, bro... I am sure your dear will understand- she married you for what you are, she'll understand.

Anyways, Merry Christmas from me in Singapore...

DHC

Its 3:19pm in Paris so that means its 9:19am in the States.

So Get your A** home!

And Merry Christmas to TI and the rest of the boys/ladies that are deployed.

I celebrated Christmas with seven of my colleagues myself. Guarding the fortress in Oslo, Akershus festning.
It was okay, didn't really get the Christmas feeling, but we did our best to have a good time anyway.
We even hang up our rag-socks that our sergeant filled with candy.

I got allowed to leave the country for some days, so I'm at Tenerife at the moment, visiting my grandparents. Looking forward to a great new years eve celebration at the beach.

Back