Speaking of reality tv being trashy!!! - Page 2

--
Boots

November 14th, 2014  
dadsgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytanker
Sara... Snake people are a little out there anyways.
Quite true. A friend had one as a folly. You do not have a snake as a folly! This pal was not amused when it came to " stunning " the poor rodents. Being kinder to the mouse, I anethesitized first with gas, then stunned it. I did this twice for her. .... She gave the snake away to a more suitable human companion.

Ugh!
November 14th, 2014  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara
He loved snakes and had a beautiful aquarium full of exotic saltwater fish too. Looking back, he was a little strange when it came to the snake, he drove around with it in his car too.
I bet no one tried to nick his car. lol
November 14th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

I like snakes, I don't want any as a pet, though. I have had snakes around my neck many times.
--
Boots
November 14th, 2014  
dadsgirl

I've had snakes around me plenty! Ahem...

Heard rattlers make good eatin'!
November 14th, 2014  
tetvet

I've eaten Rattlers not a bad taste something like frog legs if you've ever eaten them .
November 14th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsgirl
I've had snakes around me plenty! Ahem...

Heard rattlers make good eatin'!
Yes, snakes taste good....there are only two things I don't eat and they are liver and fermented herring
November 14th, 2014  
JOC

Me and my son both are fond of snakes. He likes to pick them up if he spots one in the fields. In NY state poison snakes are very rare and the longest snake is about 4'. However the misses won't allow snakes in the house, so in the field they stay. They are the farmers friends helping to keep rats and mice down that damage his crops.
November 14th, 2014  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOC
Me and my son both are fond of snakes. He likes to pick them up if he spots one in the fields. In NY state poison snakes are very rare. However the misses won't allow them in the house. Besides they are the farmers friends helping to keep rats and mice down.
Do you have the forest rattler up there? I went to an exhibition of snakes and they took out a copperhead and asked me to hold it until its feeding procedure was done....I was rather nervous and thinking...don't drop this guy, don't drop....and at the same time don't hurt him.
November 15th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
Do you have the forest rattler up there? I went to an exhibition of snakes and they took out a copperhead and asked me to hold it until its feeding procedure was done....I was rather nervous and thinking...don't drop this guy, don't drop....and at the same time don't hurt him.
In another part of the state they have the rare timber rattler (actually some might call it the forest rattler). But that's > 100 miles from where we live. I've never seen one and I've spend extensive time in the outdoors.

My parent used to go to Florida every year. Now they have quite a few poison snakes there. Some like the water moccasin are very aggressive.

I image the guys that went to Nam and Iraq had to deal with some poison critters. My brother went to Iraq and saw these camel spiders nasty critters he claimed.
November 15th, 2014  
Elembe

We had a snake in our back yard a month ago, one of the deadly ones, and we also have pythons who are not deadly near us in the bush. Most of our local snakes will just try and get away however the Tiger snake will chase you so i prefer to keep my distance.