the spartan has arrived! - Page 2

--

May 5th, 2004  
Mark Conley

hello spartan: welcome to the forum

Just a word: if you see what looks like bullets on the left hand side of the screen under the persons screen name, why thats a forum moderator!

They are merciless...cruel...sometime good looking (in the Case of Redneck) sometime not so good looking (Oh sherman!) and sometimes they are plumb out of their minds!

Just remember: your best defense against one of these people is...candy. Send lots and lots of candy ooops! I forgot! run when you see that guy Redleg with the BIG Artillary shell...gotta go! See Yah! l
May 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: Well

Welcome. I don't know about Ranger, but when you aim high you usualy achieve great things.

Oh, and LOL@ugly Sherman....
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Welcome spartan!
--
May 5th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
sometime good looking (in the Case of Redneck)
Awwww, Mark..... I never knew .

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm also S-4 (Battalion supply officer) and S-7 (Battalion Hick) for the Surfrider Battalion. I'm working on getting an S-9 (Battalion "kicked out of the Army for making stupid jokes" almost officer) position, too.
May 5th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck
I'm working on getting an S-9 (Battalion "kicked out of the Army for making stupid jokes" almost officer) position, too.
Paperwork is being processed as we speak.
May 5th, 2004  
DTop

Hi spartanSQ and welcome to the forum. I would beg to differ with your implication that a nurse is not an actual military occupation and the standards for Army nurses are quite high, thank you. While you're right that anything can happen, it's not likely that combat arms will open up to women in time for you to be eligible (18 - 35 y/o). But don't give up hope, you might want to have a plan B in case though. I wish you all the success in the world in your military career.
To answer your question about who I am - I am retired from the U.S. Army. After 22 yrs. in the infantry, I figured it was time and retired as a 1SG.
May 5th, 2004  
silent driller

I haven't been here too long but this is the most popular newbie I have ever seen! Spartan, you already rock and Redneck , that is one cool hat!
May 6th, 2004  
spartanSQ

well that tops my resume red-neck... oh and thanks for the moderator tips.... i think...
lol as for the whole "nurse implication DTOP, as a matter of fact in the beginning the only position open to women in the military WAS that of A FIELD NURSE. my grandmother was one... and congrats to the 22 years in the service... thats a LONG-ass time. oh- and thanks for the warm welcome guys, its much appreciated.
May 6th, 2004  
DTop

I don't quite understand your last post (the part directed to me). I was taking issue with the fact that you said that
Quote:
from nurses to actual military occupations
, the implication seemed to be that nurses don't have a real military occupation. The fact is they do. I actually marrried one of them and I don't think she'd take kindly to anyone who didn't think that her MOS was not an "actual military occupation".
May 6th, 2004  
spartanSQ

No what you just said was what i've been trying o say..and because i'm too lazy i say we forget it and go on to the next topic.