MADRID, Oct 19 (AFP) - A Spanish judge issued an arrest warrant Wednesday
for three US soldiers suspected of involvement in the April 2003 shelling of
a Baghdad hotel in which Spanish cameraman Jose Couso was killed, a legal
source said.

Judge Santiago Pedraz cited Lieutenant Colonel Philip de Camp, Captain
Philip Wolford and Sergeant Thomas Gibson for their alleged responsibility
in the incident when a tank shelled the Palestine Hotel, which was being
used by media covering the Iraq conflict, killing two cameramen and wounding
three other staff of the Reuters news agency.

Was this the same incident in which our troops were taking fire from the room directly above that of the journalists?

Redneck said:
Was this the same incident in which our troops were taking fire from the room directly above that of the journalists?

That's what I was wondering. I think so, as far as I can remember. Most European reporters believe it's some sort of fiction I guess.

Italian Guy said:
Redneck said:

That's what I was wondering. I think so, as far as I can remember. Most European reporters believe it's some sort of fiction I guess.

I remember they had footage of the whole incident on the TV news back when it happened. It's kind of one of those logic things; why would an American soldier or soldiers waste the time and ammunition randomly firing into hotels while on combat operations?

Hey a war zone's a dangerous place, Spaniards, ya dig? Oh wait, you haven't done any real fighting since what? The Spanish Civil War of the 1930s? Guess that's why the confusion.

bulldogg said:
Because they have nothing better to do than to hunt European journalists...
:roll:

Bulldogg, show a little respect for your fellow countrymen, and I don't mean China.

Actually, tomtom, I think he meant that sarcasticly and was intended as a comment of support. Note the rolling eyeballs.

Charge 7 said:
Actually, tomtom, I think he meant that sarcasticly and was intended as a comment of support. Note the rolling eyeballs.

You're right Charge. My apology to Bulldogg. I spoke, er, wrote too hastily.

Charge is right TomTom, I did mean it sarcasticly and given the history of some of my posts I completely understand your initial reaction. I have, as a result of deep reflection and ingestion of some new information, undergone a radical shift in beliefs in a couple key areas. This is the born again new and improved Bulldogg. No worries mate.

Back