Something about Fraps

MightyMacbeth

I am Honor
Ok, say I record a video that is 40 seconds long. How can I cut out the parts I dont want and leave the ones I want?

Thanks

You need some video editing software....

The names Ulead VideoStudio, Adobe Premier, Video Explosion, Windows Movie Maker, etc. come to mind...

ok I found Windows movie maker.. but its a bit confusing. What now?

Ok I medded around a bit and managed to do something, but I didnt find out how to cut from a clip. And the biggest problem is the music clip. I try to add a 5minute music clip to a video clip that is about 10 seconds.. how will I cut this long music clip to make it about 10 to 15 seconds?

Last edited:
hmm.. I am facing a problem on saving the file. The file isnt bigger than 2MB, but its taking more than one day do save it to the pc :?

Hmmm I havent used Windows Movie Maker...But that sounds like either your computer cant handle the rendering of the quality you have it set too...or something is ary with the output settings....

Not sure

MightyMacbeth said:
How many fps should I set it to? Currently I have it at 60fps

Why on earth do you need 60 fps? Do you have time critical animations you need to play at that high speed? 24 fps is the common fps rate for animations as far as I know, no wonder you have large output files.

Depends on what you put in the word "quality". You play more frames pr second than the eye can cope with, so it depends on what you are after really.

That is determinated by the raw data itself and not how many frames per second you decide to use but you will generate smoother movements if you raise the fps above 24 - but you will need more data to put into the animation/video.

Let us say you want to create a 2 minute animation of Mickey Mouse running in 24 fps. You will need 2880 frames (24 fps x 120 secons) for that animation. If you raise the fps rate to 60 you will need 7200 frames (60 frames x 120 seconds), which in general term will generate lots more frames for you to animate, but you will have a more detailed animation and may add more features/details to it.

Back