Soccer - Page 26

--

October 7th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Hamburg vs. Berlin (3-1) last weekend
Watch this video- this has never happened in German Soccer History, two goals of this kind within 86 seconds:
Hamburg- Berlin

Hamburg is 2nd in German league, only Leverkusen is better with an equal point score (more goals)
The decision who will lead the LEague will be in 2 weeks when Leverkusen meets Hamburg- think I'll watch that one live in the stadion here in Hamburg .
October 7th, 2009  
Nina

Wow...

"think I'll watch that one live in the stadion here in Hamburg ."

Yeh..go for it!

There is nothing better (only if you're a player and excellent one..lol) then to go to the stadium and watch the games..sit at home watching tv is boring...there is no real participation and really living the moment for real with others fans.. etc.

Interesting watch the game in German tongue.. he does have a soft speaking rich voice not a rash one...cool.
October 9th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Germans have "rash" voices ?
sprecken sie kein deutsch?
--
October 9th, 2009  
Nina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObjSRgtLw
Germans have "rash" voices ?
sprecken sie kein deutsch?
I guess I did not express it right..the idiom phonetic is kind of tough when you try to learn it as an adult, making the wording sounds supose to..it was really really tough and I did tried to learn it without sucess.Very patient teacher she was..

Very strong and for that quality alone: a beautiful language that at one point in my life inspired me to learn it.

The sport comemtator voice there in my ears comes with a layer of velvet in his German..I am not phonetic expert but it somehow have a uniquiness in it in my way of receiving its sounds...

Does he sounds to you any different then other males speaking? Where his accent regions comes from? He might have classes to educate his voices. Anyways..I do enjoy languages and sometimes I do stop to feel it and etc even when not understanding what been said.
October 10th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

Yes, i understood it the first time- I was just teasing you and I must apologize for that . Nice to know that some people like our language. Basically I think most like the "harsh" sounding and strong tongue that was at its height with the third Reich. I'm not an expert but it seems to me there are certain feelings and things you can better express with German or French than in English but sometimes I can only think of English expressions as well for certain things- different languages different styles...
Back to Topic- today Germany qualified for the World Cup with a 1-0 againt russia, a lucky win but partly deserved and a very nice goal too:
Russia- German

I must say Arshavin is a hell of a good player but Ballack made a great game.
Enjoy it
Ps. That's not German- and I don't know what it is exactly either ^^
October 11th, 2009  
Fox

The United States just beat Hondura (3-2) yesterday and quality to go to World Cup. About time......
October 11th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

So I guess we'll see Donavan again after his rather quiet appearence in Bayern Munic last season...
October 12th, 2009  
Nina

ObjSRgtLw, thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
The United States just beat Hondura (3-2) yesterday and quality to go to World Cup. About time......
That's great!

Argentina also beat Peru up.

Gives goose bumps and tummy butterflies as the World Cup is getting near! I love it, the whole thing, I am very hyper WC fan..LOL
October 12th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

If we play anything like our Confederations Cup performance... We'll do pretty well in the WC.
October 12th, 2009  
ObjSRgtLw

I guess you'll perform well like last time but in the end the fact that your primary sports are Baseball and American Football will take its toll on American Soccer- Europe has soccer dominance and I don't think they will lose it this millenia But be invited to try...
confed cup- what's that? ^^ just joking