Soccer - Page 14

--

June 16th, 2009  
rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik
Great game indeed. Wow, so many good head goals. The first goal had an awesome engineering, a most excellent display of constructive teamwork.

Guess Ronaldo had one his bad days, lol. Good job Deutschland!
Yeah, Portugal was way favorite, but Germany exhibited an attack soccer that was just great to watch (though the defense sucked big time, as all through the tourney).

The guy that had the bad day was Ricardo...! (just for the record, I think Ronaldo is overrated, glad Madrid bought him - his tricot number will be a bit larger than the ones of his companions: Raul 7, Kaka 10, Ronaldo 94.000.000 )

Great game, if Germany can follow that style...?!

Rattler
June 16th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Confederations Cup.. Brazil 4-3 Egypt. Egypt were rather unfortunate I felt!
June 21st, 2009  
Rob Henderson

USA advances to the semi-finals! It needed the perfect storm, and the futbol gods delivered! I know they'll probably be crushed in the semis, but I'm proud of our boys!

Brazil played fantastic futbol against Italy, who looked almost like they were awaiting their departure from the tournament.
--
June 22nd, 2009  
Lunatik

^ Mmm. Watched the game against Costa Rica the other week. We sucked.
June 22nd, 2009  
Rob Henderson

I missed that one.
June 23rd, 2009  
The Other Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik
^ Mmm. Watched the game against Costa Rica the other week. We sucked.
That was pretty awful, I agree.

They are SO lucky they're still in this tournament, and they won't make it by Spain whenever it is they play.
June 23rd, 2009  
dougal

Big Man City fan!!
June 24th, 2009  
Rob Henderson

Well, the carnage begins tomorrow... I'm praying for the US, but I think we'll see Spain walk away with the big W.
June 24th, 2009  
rattler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Henderson
Well, the carnage begins tomorrow... I'm praying for the US, but I think we'll see Spain walk away with the big W.
1830Z today.

Donīt despair, while Spaninīs National Team probably atm is the best in the world, it wonīt be on the field, just a B version: Iniesta (the Brain) and Senna (the contention) and some more are injured and cannot play, and the Mister (del Bosque) has changed the style to play for the extremes rather than the famous tiki-taka through the center.

This did not look good at all in the last game, and my guess US has a (slim) chance to surprise today.

OTOH, give Villa or Torres one good pass, and there you go...

Looking forward to the start now,

Rattler
June 24th, 2009  
A Can of Man

It's at 0300 Local time... hmmm... I guess I have to get up for that?
There will be no replay of that match so I guess I have to!!