So why do people hate Israel? - Page 65

--

May 15th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
One world, one country would solve the israel/palestine conflict and many others. But it is wishful thinking.
As long as there are two human beings on this planet this cannot happen, our very nature is to turn to conflict to achieve our goals and assert our will over others.
May 15th, 2012  
r.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I dunno where you've been for the last 60 years,... but if you care to read the papers and watch the news you'll see that it already has.
i am well aware that it has started was, but i meant that is that talking like that will also make things worse which i am sure that you realise.
May 15th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by r.fox
i am well aware that it has started was, but i meant that is that talking like that will also make things worse which i am sure that you realise.
Make it worse,... you've got to be kidding?

Well obviously you haven't taken the time to note what effect 60 years of diplomacy and world opinion have had on Israeli policy. They say that they're sorry, then escalate their policies, stealing more and more land and repressing the Palestinians even further. There comes a time with all things when diplomacy and good manners are of no further use.
--
May 16th, 2012  
hamidreza

I don’t know why some people talk about Israel in this way when the fact is clear like the light of sun in the noon in the desert in the summer.
The Israelis are not belong to this region because you can’t find any common things between their culture and the ME culture and it can be a good reason to prove that they don’t have any root here.
Some people were living in Palestine 2000 years ago and some of them were straggler by some other people. I don’t know what percent of them left their land and what percent of them changed their religion. And now some people claim that those people who left the Palestine 2000 years ago are their ancestors so they want to come back to their land again!!!
Azerbaijan was separated from Iran and was jointed to Russia as per Turkamanchay treaty 150 years ago. As per this treaty the Azerbaijan should have been rejoin to Iran 2 years ago. So could we claim about Azerbaijan? I can bring thousands more examples which are much more logical than Israeli’s claim. What would happen if the world people thought like Israelis?
The European did crime about Jews as they say but why they are wreaking from Palestinian instead of European?
May 17th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Firstly the Palestinians are not under Spanish law so your rather stupid attempt at an excuse is totally invalid. As was pointed out the Israelis don't even have legal jurisdiction in this matter. It was to punish the locals for objecting to the continued expansion of illegal Israeli settlements and to hopefully drive them off their land to facilitate this, nothing to do with permits.
The Israelis do have legal jurisdiction in that matter (accords of Oslo) so everyone must get a permit to build them. It is not because someone is Palestinian or a member of a "humanitarian" organisation that they don't have to abide by the law.
May 17th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
As long as there are two human beings on this planet this cannot happen, our very nature is to turn to conflict to achieve our goals and assert our will over others.
sadly but true.
May 17th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Make it worse,... you've got to be kidding?

Well obviously you haven't taken the time to note what effect 60 years of diplomacy and world opinion have had on Israeli policy. They say that they're sorry, then escalate their policies, stealing more and more land and repressing the Palestinians even further. There comes a time with all things when diplomacy and good manners are of no further use.
I have another map:

The Jews were promised much more than they got. But they took it.
The Palestinians were promised nothing and they refused what was given to them and now they want it back.
Do not forget that the Jews asked for a new country and the Palestinians didn't.
All new countries were founded without consulting the local population.
May 17th, 2012  
VDKMS

Someone here once made a comparison between the Aboriginals in Australia and the Palestinians in the ME. It was quickly proved to be untrue. But on the other hand the situation can be the same if some people get enough followers. In fact, this situation can be applied to Indians in the Americas and if we go back far enough in history almost to every country.
To make it easier to understand I will call the Palestinians/Aboriginals/Indians the "locals" and the Israelis/Australians/Americans "invaders". Just substitute the locals/invaders with a nationality of your choice.
Let's assume that a fanatical local group is founded and their covenant comprises the taking back of stolen land and the expulsion of the invaders.
They start by exploding some bombs in marketplaces in cities of the invaders close to local territory. Lots of casualties and some dead. Almost every week bombs explode. The police is not able to stop the attacks. The people are terrified and demand protection. The government of the invaders have no other choice than to send in the army. They quickly set up checkpoints on roads in local territory leading to the cities of the invaders. At last the bombing stops. The fanatic locals get caught at the checkpoints so they switch to rocket attacks. Their rockets are very primitive and higly inaccurate but inflict damage to the houses of invaders, who get terrified because more and more rockets are fired. Some supporters of the locals call the rockets fireworks, which enrages people who lost dear ones to those attacks. They demand the government to take action because life is getting unbearable in cities under attack. The government sends in the Air Force to attack command structures and ammunition depots. But the targets are within civilian compounds and there is a lot of collateral damage. The international community, above all left wing "humanitarian" organisations, are appalled. Countries friendly to the locals demand action from the UN and UN resolutions are voted but are not enforcable. The government of the invaders is caught between the UN resolutions and the citizens demands for protection. At last they side with their voters and orders the army to occupy the local territory to end the attacks once and for all. This situation then will last until the fanatic locals stop their attacks and sign a peace deal.
May 17th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:

The Jews were promised much more than they got.
Yes, of course they did. They grabbed it with both hands, because even they knew that they had no legal or moral right to any part of it. It it was a gift, something for nothing, made by persons who had no right to give it.

Israel only came about as a knee jerk reaction to offset the guilt of the Allies for not doing more to prevent the Holocaust.

Quote:
Someone here once made a comparison between the Aboriginals in Australia and the Palestinians in the ME. It was quickly proved to be untrue.---snip---fanatic locals stop their attacks and sign a peace deal.
LOL.... what's this drivel, page one of Zionism for Dummies?

Oh, and nowhere was the comparison proved untrue, all you did was deny the fact.
May 19th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Shall we try a different approach? The maps earlier were good, the two state solution. How can we reach it? The settlers, the borders. One problem at the time