So why do people hate Israel? - Page 58

--

April 27th, 2012  
Yossarian

If anyone can do this without bloodshed, I would like to attend them walking on water.
April 27th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
If anyone can do this without bloodshed, I would like to attend them walking on water.
If both sides can change their attitude, then the war is won. Not by arms, only to be humans
April 27th, 2012  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
If both sides can change their attitude, then the war is won. Not by arms, only to be humans

Problem is humans, with polarized idea's crossed arms and the inablity to further listen to other options, have decided to solidify support of current practices and disregard giving up something they hold.

This can be spotted on both sides.

There is only so much in this tiny portion of the world, and one must give for the other to recieve.
--
April 27th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
Thank you,

How shall we make Israel to change their attitude? Just asking
Israel is not the main problem, the problem is the US who backs them regardless of their criminal and immoral activity.

If we can get the US to stop tacitly (and actively) supporting Israeli Criminal activity. The problem will well on the way to resolving itself.
April 28th, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Israel is not the main problem, the problem is the US who backs them regardless of their criminal and immoral activity.
And the US problem is AIPAC and the other Zionist organizations. These Jews organizations have the most effect on the US's foreign policy. The US president candidates should prove themselves to them before to the US people. You could see their competition in AIPAC annual meeting in this year. Just Ron Paul didn't go there.
April 28th, 2012  
VDKMS

The problem is Israel and the Palestinians. Neither of them want to give in. Blaming only one side is neglecting the other. As I3BrigPvSk says we need solutions. Saying Israel is transgressing international law while at the same time saying that Israel must be removed is contradictory. You have to accept international law for everyone, even if you do not like it. The most thorny issue is the refugee problem. The only fact we know about that is we do not know much about it. We can blame each other and accomplish nothing but in order to fix it you must fix it all, Palestinian and jewish refugees. Israel refuses to tackle the refugee problem without a solution for the jews who were thrown out of the Arab states with their financials and properties confiscated.
Shooting rockets and bringing in retaliations does not fix the problem, it makes it only worse. Only 5% of the Palestinians want to use violence.
The only solution lies in economics. Make the two states dependent on each other. Refusing to make concessions is refusing to solve the problem. The (illegal) settlements are not a problem. As soon as there is a Palestinian state some (all) settlements become Palestinian villages as was in Gaza. The Jews then can choose to go back to Israel or live in a Palestinian state. They cannot be forcefully removed.
One last thing. If you look at the past with the eyes of today then you do not know what history is.
April 28th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
The problem is Israel and the Palestinians. Neither of them want to give in.
As has been pointed out a dozen times or more. There is no reason why the Palestinians should "give in", no more reason than the Allies should have "given in" to the the Lebensraum claims of Nazi Germany.

The question has also been asked as many times. Would you just "give in" if a Policeman gave me your home and all your possessions, and I moved in to your home and drove you into living in a tent in your next door neighbour's yard". Meanwhile I keep jumping the fence killing your friends and children, and stealing anything you have, claiming I must do it because you keep objecting to me being in your house and trying to regain your possessions?

History has no part in it, it's about right and wrong. I have historical links to England and Holland and probably a dozen other places, but that gives me no right to go back there and drive the present owners out of their homes, beating and killing those who resist.
April 29th, 2012  
hamidreza

Each solution for Palestine-Israel conflict should considers the Palestinian right if we want it be successful and the minimum right of Palestinian is return to their motherland. If you were a Palestinian you wouldn’t have accepted less than this. Any agreement which is not based on people’s satisfaction is just a piece of paper and will be defeated. For example the recent events in Egypt show the weakness of Camp David Accords after 35 years and I think Israel will hears more bad news from Egypt in future.
April 29th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
As has been pointed out a dozen times or more. There is no reason why the Palestinians should "give in", no more reason than the Allies should have "given in" to the the Lebensraum claims of Nazi Germany.

The question has also been asked as many times. Would you just "give in" if a Policeman gave me your home and all your possessions, and I moved in to your home and drove you into living in a tent in your next door neighbour's yard". Meanwhile I keep jumping the fence killing your friends and children, and stealing anything you have, claiming I must do it because you keep objecting to me being in your house and trying to regain your possessions?

History has no part in it, it's about right and wrong. I have historical links to England and Holland and probably a dozen other places, but that gives me no right to go back there and drive the present owners out of their homes, beating and killing those who resist.
It's not all about right or wrong, because those things change with time (history!). When the British invaded Australia it was right at that time just as the Belgians were doing in the Congo was right at that time. Nowadays those two things are looked at as wrong.
There's also rule of law (local and international), sovereignty of a country and accords between governments.
We also live in a global economy were people move from one place to another as never before. If like to live with your head in the past you will get nowhere. As I have said before. Those madman should start building their country instead of attacking an adversary and causing more destruction in their own place than they inflict on their enemy.
April 29th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidreza
Each solution for Palestine-Israel conflict should considers the Palestinian right if we want it be successful and the minimum right of Palestinian is return to their motherland. If you were a Palestinian you wouldn’t have accepted less than this. Any agreement which is not based on people’s satisfaction is just a piece of paper and will be defeated. For example the recent events in Egypt show the weakness of Camp David Accords after 35 years and I think Israel will hears more bad news from Egypt in future.
The majority of the Egyptians want to abide by the accords with Israel. The motherland of the Palestinians doesn't excist anymore. They lived for centuries in the Ottoman Empire and never asked for their own motherland. Egypt is at a crossroad. They either go the Islamic way (anti Israel) or the secular way (upholding the accords with Israel). With the former they will lose a lot of money (tourists will stay away, the flow of US billions of $ will stop and the army and air force will have to scramble to get their US products operational - and the Generals are very well aware of that), with the latter they will prosper.