So why do people hate Israel? - Page 30

--

January 16th, 2012  
zhaldev

Hi everybody i don't claim to be expert on these issue but what i know as a Indian what it takes to live with such hostile neighbors...I respect what Israelis do...i have sympathy for them...but yes there are other feasible options that could minimize this whole damn thing.
shooting n blowing up is not the solution ,it is the final option when all other measures have failed.
January 16th, 2012  
zhaldev

To my American and Australian friends with all respect you guys will not understand how difficult it is to manage a country when all your neighbors care is to destroy you...its not your fault as you have been raised in a country where no major war happened on its soil and their are no hostile nations as neighbors...you don't know the hell it takes to preserve one culture when you are under continuous attack thruout your history....

I don't understand why should people hate Israel...yes critical may be the term..
January 16th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhaldev

I don't understand why should people hate Israel...yes critical may be the term..
If you don't understand this you obviously know nothing of what is going on there. If someone occupied your country and then continues to steal more land whilst, harassing, beating and murdering the owners of that land, just for resisting I think the word critical would be a rather stupid understatement, as is much of the criticism leveled at Israel.

In a case such as this, hatred is most certainly the right word.

The Palestinian people have every legal and moral right to resist the theft of their land and murder of their people with every thing they have. If for example, the UN made a ruling that China had a 2000 year old claim to India because their god told them it was theirs, and then allowed them to flood into your country doing what the Israelis are doing to the Palestinians would you hate them or just be critical of them. Would you resist or would you allow them to reduce you to the living standards of animals?
--
January 17th, 2012  
zhaldev

I may have failed to see the logic behind it cause Jews are fighting muslim which is the same case here though we are not fighting muslims but a hostile muslim terrorist state.
January 17th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
I may have failed to see the logic behind it cause Jews are fighting muslim which is the same case here though we are not fighting muslims but a hostile muslim terrorist state.
It's not a question of what religion the combatants follow.

It's about what is legally and morally right in a civilised world. It would be no different if it were Catholics against Bhuddists.

The Israelis try to complicate the issue, whereas in fact it is an open and shut case. The modern Israelis have no place in Palestine, it is not their country and never has been, even though some of their ancestors did live there as a minority prior to the Diaspora. My ancestors lived in England and Holland, but that gives me no right to go there and kill the people who live where my ancestors did 400 years ago.
January 17th, 2012  
zhaldev

From what i understand now is that there is no way this could end only coexistence will help.
January 17th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
From what i understand now is that there is no way this could end only coexistence will help.
Like any other problem, it has a perfectly logical solution, but it's just that Israel is not interested. The errors which have been made must be undone.

Yes, it will be hard, but that is only because the Israelis deliberately set out to make it hard. They bought these problems on themselves, and now they want the world to sympathise with them.
January 17th, 2012  
RayManKiller3

Quote:

The problem that you are going to find with Seno, is he is still living in the past (which is what terrorists do); how things came to be, instead of the future to see how can we make it better. He ignores that in reality most countries would do what Israel is doing right now if placed in the same position and being surrounded by enemies who want you gone simply because you are a people they do not like having a country near (Jews). Calling them animals makes me wonder what people think makes humans so superior to it (except for thumbs and a brain). Many humans do what animals do all the time...

I do not call anyone animal, even if they done the most damning thing. It is after all in human nature.

It just wont be successful doing the "give the land back" option.
January 17th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Co-existence on who's terms?
January 17th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
. Calling them animals makes me wonder what people think makes humans so superior to it (except for thumbs and a brain). Many humans do what animals do all the time...
Bravo!.... That must be the first sensible thing you've said in this thread. I could not have said it more succinctly myself.

The problem being that we need more people who behave like human beings and less who behave like animals.