So why do people hate Israel? - Page 27

--

January 3rd, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
I'm not an academic, but this link might be more trustworthy to you.

ZIONISM
Many academics (intellectuals) are really good to discuss a problem, but they really suck to come up with a solution, their sources are quite good, but they do not react so fast. When something happens, the academics begin to collect data, processing data, pondering, and discussions, attend to seminars, ponder more, and then perhaps we have an article to read
January 3rd, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
I'm not an academic, but this link might be more trustworthy to you.

ZIONISM
It would seem that your "academic" link describes Zionism, per se, however it says nothing of Zionism's racist goals nor excuses Zionism's ultimate aims of the Ethnic cleansing of a country belonging to the Palestinian people. Evidence of which is has been posted here.

Zionism is a school of thought that arose from, and embraces the 18th.-19th., century Russian forms of brutal oppression, from which it sprang. It actually flies in the face of traditional Jewish teachings and it's policies certainly have no place among civilised people.

Quote:
Zionism's reformulation of traditional Judaism was deeply resented by Orthodox Jews, especially the Hasidim. Most East European Jews rejected the notion of a return to the promised land before the appearance of the messiah. They viewed Zionism as a secular European creation that aspired to change the focus of Judaism from devotion to Jewish law and religious ritual to the establishment of a Jewish nation-state.

Source: US Library of Congress http://countrystudies.us/israel/7.htm
January 4th, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
It would seem that your "academic" link describes Zionism, per se, however it says nothing of Zionism's racist goals nor excuses Zionism's ultimate aims of the Ethnic cleansing of a country belonging to the Palestinian people. Evidence of which is has been posted here.

Zionism is a school of thought that arose from, and embraces the 18th.-19th., century Russian forms of brutal oppression, from which it sprang. It actually flies in the face of traditional Jewish teachings and it's policies certainly have no place among civilised people.
Where in your link is stated that Zionism's ultimate aims is of the Ethnic cleansing of a country belonging to the Palestinian people? Again you are bending the truth and adding things that are not written in the link you gave.

All the Zionists wanted was a country in which they ruled and not being ruled by someone else. Britain proposed Uganda, some Zionists wanted to go to Argentina and the Germans wanted to deport them to Madagascar (was prevented by the British naval blockade). Ultimately the region of Palestine was chosen.
--
January 4th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Where in your link is stated that Zionism's ultimate aims is of the Ethnic cleansing of a country belonging to the Palestinian people? Again you are bending the truth and adding things that are not written in the link you gave.

All the Zionists wanted was a country in which they ruled and not being ruled by someone else. Britain proposed Uganda, some Zionists wanted to go to Argentina and the Germans wanted to deport them to Madagascar (was prevented by the British naval blockade). Ultimately the region of Palestine was chosen.
I merely pointed out that your link although being to the highly accredited Encylopedia Britannica was hardly an objective explanation. I did clearly state that my case had been posted earlier. I never bent anything as what I posted was a direct copy from The library of Congress and I gave the link so where did I "bend" what was said? No, bending the truth is a Zionist game, not mine.

My link was to point out that in fact the aims of Zionism are not even supported by Jewish religious law and that in fact they counter what had been taught allegedly for millennia. But like so much we read about Zionism and its immoral and racist aims, it is little more than a disinformation program in the vain hope that one day it will be accepted as being right. They will go to any ends to just to get what they want.
January 4th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
I merely pointed out that your link although being to the highly accredited Encylopedia Britannica was hardly an objective explanation. I did clearly state that my case had been posted earlier. I never bent anything as what I posted was a direct copy from The library of Congress and I gave the link so where did I "bend" what was said? No, bending the truth is a Zionist game, not mine.

My link was to point out that in fact the aims of Zionism are not even supported by Jewish religious law and that in fact they counter what had been taught allegedly for millennia. But like so much we read about Zionism and its immoral and racist aims, it is little more than a disinformation program in the vain hope that one day it will be accepted as being right. They will go to any ends to just to get what they want.
If we go back to the thread starter and the question which was, why do people hate Israel, I will say they do not. The question implies the question is asked to people outside Israel, even if people in Israel do not always support their own government. Ask yourself! How often do you dislike your own government? Further, people in other parts of the world have other issues to worry about than what Israel is doing. The occurrence of a major event may catch their attention. We must make a distiction between the government of Israel and the Israelis
January 4th, 2012  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
If we go back to the thread starter and the question which was, why do people hate Israel, I will say they do not. The question implies the question is asked to people outside Israel, even if people in Israel do not always support their own government. Ask yourself! How often do you dislike your own government? Further, people in other parts of the world have other issues to worry about than what Israel is doing. The occurrence of a major event may catch their attention. We must make a distiction between the government of Israel and the Israelis
So can't we just declare all of them annoying and nuke the region out of indifference?

If nothing else it will save Redleg some bandwidth so at least one person will be happy.

The fact is that these discussions only serve to polarise peoples views so nothing is solved and no minds changed you just end up with countless pages of repetitive posts that no one reads because a couple of people cant let the other one have the last word.

Seriously wouldn't you prefer that your taxes go to paying politicians more to tell us we need to tighten our belts rather than ever increasing airport security because a couple retarded religious factions in the middle east cant get along?
January 4th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So can't we just declare all of them annoying and nuke the region out of indifference?

If nothing else it will save Redleg some bandwidth so at least one person will be happy.

The fact is that these discussions only serve to polarise peoples views so nothing is solved and no minds changed you just end up with countless pages of repetitive posts that no one reads because a couple of people cant let the other one have the last word.

Seriously wouldn't you prefer that your taxes go to paying politicians more to tell us we need to tighten our belts rather than ever increasing airport security because a couple retarded religious factions in the middle east cant get along?
Yeah, let us nuke them all...Wait! Better to use C-weapons, much easier to clean up and we can build a huge gas station in the area
January 5th, 2012  
Yossarian

My thoughts of this discussion at this junction...
January 5th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian

My thoughts of this discussion at this point...
You do not like never-ending stories?
January 5th, 2012  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider
Firstly, regarding the original poster's question (which I admit is very poorly phrased), The fact is quite simply that , "People do hate Israel",... hundreds of millions of them, almost certainly over a Billion, mainly Muslims who support Palestine's right to regain their own country from a Nazi like regime who now occupies it.

You will notice that virtually all pro Zionist denial works on the principle that if you break any debate into small enough parts you can find pieces of evidence to support your view, unfortunately, none of which justify the means used by them or the end result.

e.g. It was said of mass murderer John Wayne Gacy "To everyone who met him, John Wayne Gacy seemed a likable and affable man. He was widely respected in the community, charming and easy to get along with. He was a good Catholic and sharp businessman who, when not running his construction company was active in the Jaycees and was also a Democratic Party precinct captain, when he had his photo taken with then First Lady, Rosalynn Carter. He also spent much of his free time hosting elaborate street parties for his friends and neighbors, serving in community groups and entertaining children as "Pogo the Clown". He was a generous, hard working, friendly, devoted family man, everyone knew that"

This is what turns debates on this subject in particular, into never ending shitefights, as the only way to counter it, is to answer on their level finding ever smaller pieces.

Meanwhile the overall and undeniable fact, that Israel is definitely hated by a very significant part of the world's population, goes right out the Window.