So why do people hate Israel? - Page 184

--

September 11th, 2014  
tetvet

I used the word friend in the liberal sense , I and many others have never forgiven the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty , the political maneuvering of Israel is not much more than what's done in the rest of the world .
September 11th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
I am not sure I would consider Israel a friend given that it has attacked your ships, purchased your politicians, sold your technology to the Chinese and is considered your greatest threat in terms of spying.

As the old saying goes with friends like that who needs enemies.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/175404

http://www.newsweek.com/israel-flagg...ocument-262991

As for the holocaust I agree I think it is wrong that we choose to sell the holocaust as the murder of 6 million Jews while we forget the 7 million others who died in the concentration camps or at the hands of death squads and the 10s of millions more who died in the conflict as a whole, and every one seems to have forgotten the Chinese losses completely.
I think that people tend to gravitate to the European murders in particular that of the Jews in WW2 as the previous post details. However mention is made of the est. 10 million killed - murdered by the Japanese of which the greater % was Chinese, although plenty of Philippines, Burmese, Malays, POW's and other were killed as well. Their brutality was barbaric.
September 12th, 2014  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
I used the word friend in the liberal sense , I and many others have never forgiven the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty , the political maneuvering of Israel is not much more than what's done in the rest of the world .
Yes but had any other country on earth done these things you would have been bombing them by now, it is only the fact that AIPAC is running your country by proxy that has prevented this happening.
--
September 12th, 2014  
tetvet

Japan was brutal but then pay back came their way big time .
September 12th, 2014  
JOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
Japan was brutal but then pay back came their way big time .
The firebombing campaign against Japan, directed by Lemay in 1945, killed more than 500,000 noncombatants. This doesn't include the > 100,000 killed immediately by the atomic bombs. Note many died later of radiation.

A similar number of Germans died as a result of allied bombing during WW2 est. >400,000 to > 600,000.
September 12th, 2014  
mmarsh

Quote:
Yes but had any other country on earth done these things you would have been bombing them by now, it is only the fact that AIPAC is running your country by proxy that has prevented this happening.
I often wonder what would have happened if the USS Liberty had been a Soviet or Chinese Ship, you think there would have been such a "mistake" made?

Heck even another NATO country like France, UK, or some other power AIPAC doesn't have its hooks into would have tolerated a "mistake" like that.
September 19th, 2014  
VDKMS

Quote:
And if you went to school in Japan you would discover that they really didn't lose the war and committed no atrocities.

When dealing with a nation that has manufactured its own 3000 year old history in the last 70 years and clings to the fairy tale despite archeological, DNA and logical history stating the opposite I am not sure I would bother too much with what they teach in its schools.
Why do you keep telling those lies? It is beyond doubt that there was a Jewish kingdom (Samaria) 3000 years ago and it is certainly beyond any doubt that there was one 2000 years ago, Hasmonean and Herodian kingdoms of Israel, during the Roman empire. Most DNA research confirm that the Jews did in fact originate from that region but you only believe that one that that tells another story, allthough that research also admitted that the paternal DNA links the Jews to the ME.
I've given you those facts time and again, yet you only believe what you want to believe and ignore the facts.

Quote:
Yet they seem incapable of grasping that a "just" peace with the Palestinians will give them security.
How can you make peace with someone who wants your destruction? Read the covenant of Hamas!

A two state solution? Hell, the "Palestinians" are teaching their children that Israel doesn't even exist. The geographical map of that region only mentions "Palestine". I think that makes it very clear what the "Palestinians" want.

After the Ottoman empire defeat it was split into several countries, just like in Europe where new nations were born. The muslim Arabs wanted it all. Those two tiny countries (Lebanon for the Christians and Israel for the Jews) was unacceptable.

The Holocaust? Are you trying to rewrite history? Did you forget or ignore what the Nazis were talking about at the Wannsee Conference? It was about the "Endlösung der Judenfrage". No special conferences were made to eliminate Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses or the disabled. Two thirds of all Jews in Europe died in concentration camps. Two thirds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
I often wonder what would have happened if the USS Liberty had been a Soviet or Chinese Ship, you think there would have been such a "mistake" made?

Heck even another NATO country like France, UK, or some other power AIPAC doesn't have its hooks into would have tolerated a "mistake" like that.
Soviet pilots were flying Egyptian aircraft during that war and some of them were shot down.

May I also remind you that when Britain and France invaded Egypt to saveguard the Suez canal they were very glad with the help of the Israelis! France even send their warplanes to defend Israel in case of a counter attack.
September 20th, 2014  
Remington 1858

Commentators in the Middle East have pointed out that the United States in particular and the West in general have created the terrorist problem by their policies, particularly support of Israel. I have no doubt that this is true. U.S. President Harry Truman was told by his advisors that if he wanted to win the 1948 Presidential election that he had better recognize Israel. He did so and won the election, against all odds. The U.S. has continued to support Israel ever since. The various terror groups have as their demands the abandonment of Israel and possibly even so radical a step as acceptance of Islam as the official U.S. state religion. Absolutely none of that is going to happen. If anything, support for Israel will harden. Each act of terror is one more nail in the coffin of these savages. It will take a while, but it will happen.
September 20th, 2014  
VDKMS

The terrorist problem is not created by the United States in particular and the West in general, nor Israel. The problem is that Israel just happend to control the templemount, something the Islamists desperately wants because , to them, it's on Muslim territory. All peace negotiations between the Israelies and the "Palestinians" failed because the latter wanted control of the Templemount. The settlements are only a political problem created by the "Palestinians". Arafat once said that he could not explain to the Muslims that he accepted Jewish control of the Templemount. He said Muslims, not "Palestinians".
September 21st, 2014  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Why do you keep telling those lies? It is beyond doubt that there was a Jewish kingdom (Samaria) 3000 years ago and it is certainly beyond any doubt that there was one 2000 years ago, Hasmonean and Herodian kingdoms of Israel, during the Roman empire. Most DNA research confirm that the Jews did in fact originate from that region but you only believe that one that that tells another story, allthough that research also admitted that the paternal DNA links the Jews to the ME.
I've given you those facts time and again, yet you only believe what you want to believe and ignore the facts.

How can you make peace with someone who wants your destruction? Read the covenant of Hamas!

A two state solution? Hell, the "Palestinians" are teaching their children that Israel doesn't even exist. The geographical map of that region only mentions "Palestine". I think that makes it very clear what the "Palestinians" want.

After the Ottoman empire defeat it was split into several countries, just like in Europe where new nations were born. The muslim Arabs wanted it all. Those two tiny countries (Lebanon for the Christians and Israel for the Jews) was unacceptable.

The Holocaust? Are you trying to rewrite history? Did you forget or ignore what the Nazis were talking about at the Wannsee Conference? It was about the "Endlösung der Judenfrage". No special conferences were made to eliminate Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses or the disabled. Two thirds of all Jews in Europe died in concentration camps. Two thirds!

Soviet pilots were flying Egyptian aircraft during that war and some of them were shot down.

May I also remind you that when Britain and France invaded Egypt to saveguard the Suez canal they were very glad with the help of the Israelis! France even send their warplanes to defend Israel in case of a counter attack.
Except that Suez was in 1956 and the USS liberty was 1967. In 1956 the French were supplying arms to Israel but in 1967 relations between France and Israel had disintegrated and they never would have tolerated a deliberate attack on a warship.