So why do people hate Israel? - Page 156




 
--
 
November 29th, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Congratulations on the cash prize Spike.

What lens are you thinking of getting?
Haha, I was dreaming all the way home of one of those monster zoom lenses you see the professional Sports Phots using, but I don't really think I could justify it,... or carry it, a bit like the D1 I was also dreaming of..... I can't ever see the need to go much better than a D610, I've just always wanted the full format sensor. Anything more would just be a waste.

After having had temporary delusions of great grandeur, I'd say I'll go the way I have with all my other cameras, a good prime lens, and a AF-S Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR for day to day use. I've always bought cheaper brands (Tamron etc) before, and although they've never disappointed me I thought it would be nice to have the "real thing"

I think Shirl might have to tie my hands behind my back as I might start reaching in my pocket again in the shop once I start looking in the display cases.
November 29th, 2013  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Haha, I was dreaming all the way home of one of those monster zoom lenses you see the professional Sports Phots using, but I don't really think I could justify it,... or carry it, a bit like the D1 I was also dreaming of..... I can't ever see the need to go much better than a D610, I've just always wanted the full format sensor. Anything more would just be a waste.

After having had temporary delusions of great grandeur, I'd say I'll go the way I have with all my other cameras, a good prime lens, and a AF-S Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR for day to day use. I've always bought cheaper brands (Tamron etc) before, and although they've never disappointed me I thought it would be nice to have the "real thing"

I think Shirl might have to tie my hands behind my back as I might start reaching in my pocket again in the shop once I start looking in the display cases.
Hehe I purchased a 200-500mm lens back when I used an SLR and it was a lot of fun although it weighed a ton, then I was given a 1200mm Telephoto lens but I gave up on it when I took it the local mountain and someone told me it looked like I was setting up for a mortar attack.

Now I just use my cellphone and no one bothers me.
November 29th, 2013  
BritinBritain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Haha, I was dreaming all the way home of one of those monster zoom lenses you see the professional Sports Phots using, but I don't really think I could justify it,... or carry it, a bit like the D1 I was also dreaming of..... I can't ever see the need to go much better than a D610, I've just always wanted the full format sensor. Anything more would just be a waste.

After having had temporary delusions of great grandeur, I'd say I'll go the way I have with all my other cameras, a good prime lens, and a AF-S Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR for day to day use. I've always bought cheaper brands (Tamron etc) before, and although they've never disappointed me I thought it would be nice to have the "real thing"

I think Shirl might have to tie my hands behind my back as I might start reaching in my pocket again in the shop once I start looking in the display cases.
I have one Canon lens a 28-90 zoom lens and quite frankly I'm not impressed with it, it looks and feels cheap and nasty. I also have a 75-300 zoom and a 170-500 zoom both built by Sigma, both look and feel quite robust. Some photographers have stated that Sigma optics are not very good when compared to more expensive lens, all I can say is, I have had very good results with the both of them. I usually have my 75-300 zoom fitted to my Canon digital camera as I have found it to be very versatile and very good autofocus when taking "action" shots. The 170-500 lens is a bit of a monster and can only really be used with a tripod or resting on something solid as its too heavy to use without some sort of support.

I have been considering upgrading my Canon 500D 15 megapixel to a 18 megapixel, but quite frankly I don't think I'd notice much difference in actually use.

I know what you mean about the missus, in the new year I'm thinking of buying a new Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 double cab with 3.2 5 cylinder diesel and 6 speed auto box, my missus reckons I should buy one of the new Ford mini buses instead.
--
November 29th, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Hehe I purchased a 200-500mm lens back when I used an SLR and it was a lot of fun although it weighed a ton, then I was given a 1200mm Telephoto lens but I gave up on it when I took it the local mountain and someone told me it looked like I was setting up for a mortar attack.

Now I just use my cellphone and no one bothers me.
Yes,... after a while when the mad rush of excitement recedes and sanity temporarily regains a foothold, I found myself somewhat disappointed,... as there was not a lot I really wanted. I will also buy a really good flash unit and maybe a Manfrotto geared head for telephoto work, AND a more rigid Tripod if I can find one that does not require a pack horse to transport. I think I'm probably being a bit hopeful as my present Manfrotto MT294-A3 is supposed to be the "Ducks Guts" for rigidity but it shakes like a dog sh!tting razor blades for moon shots.

I'm just so disappointed they don't make an 18 - 1000mm AF VR lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I have one Canon lens a 28-90 zoom lens and quite frankly I'm not impressed with it, it looks and feels cheap and nasty. I also have a 75-300 zoom and a 170-500 zoom both built by Sigma, both look and feel quite robust. Some photographers have stated that Sigma optics are not very good when compared to more expensive lens, all I can say is, I have had very good results with the both of them. I usually have my 75-300 zoom fitted to my Canon digital camera as I have found it to be very versatile and very good autofocus when taking "action" shots. The 170-500 lens is a bit of a monster and can only really be used with a tripod or resting on something solid as its too heavy to use without some sort of support.

I have been considering upgrading my Canon 500D 15 megapixel to a 18 megapixel, but quite frankly I don't think I'd notice much difference in actually use.

I know what you mean about the missus, in the new year I'm thinking of buying a new Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 double cab with 3.2 5 cylinder diesel and 6 speed auto box, my missus reckons I should buy one of the new Ford mini buses instead.
I'm a bit surprised, as I've always had a lot of time for Canon optics. I have a small multi zoom Canon S5 IS and as old as it is the lens is beautiful to use and produces good work (by my standards) with no fuss whatsoever. My mate Steve is a Canon Queen and to be honest I like his cameras and lenses as much as any Nikon stuff I've seen and used.

My favourite lens at the moment is the Tamron 18 - 200, they are fast, cheap versatile and built like a Russian tank without being too heavy. I bought one for the neighbour's daughter and if you hunted around they were down to absolutely ridiculous prices (A$163) as the new models are on their way. The only thing the lacked was any VR. When I originally bought my Tamron I was told that Sigma and Tamron were pretty much on an even footing, I paid A$275 back then.

The results I got at the local airshow 18 month ago soon squashed any doubts I had about Tamron lenses previously, all taken offhand and I don't think I had a failure in two days.
November 30th, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
It seems Israel's poor record of abiding by International Law and UN Resolutions is at last having an effect on the civilised nations of the world.

It's 68 years too late, but I guess it's better than nothing.
U.N. Declares 2014, as "The Year of Solidarity With Palestine"




Only a few days ago :....
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Fortunately for the world, Israel's preferred status is weakening in the US* as they sicken of Israel's recalcitrance. I'd say we will see "interesting times" for Israel within the next 20 years. (maybe a lot sooner if Iran is given an honest go and allowed to develop). They too have a Right to the ability for self defence.

* The recent US, Iran arrangements being a clear sign of this. It would never have happened 5 years ago.
November 30th, 2013  
VDKMS
 
[quote=MontyB;665670]
Quote:
No it doesn't it disproves the argument that Jews have a greater right to the area than everyone else including those living there previous to the European invasion because the fact is the Palestinians have the same gene as do 80% of Europeans and Asians.
It proves that the Jewish society is more coherent than they say they are. It proves that they were once part of the same society.

Quote:
Basically what you are claiming as the whole justification for Israel is by scientific terms little more than background noise which basically means Buddhists have as much claim to a state as in the region as Jews do along with about three fifths of the rest of the world.
What I am saying is that all those Jews once lived (and ruled) in that area and were expelled and were not allowed to come back. They tried several times but couldn't beat the superpowers of that time because they were a small population. AKA Tibet vs China. They kept claiming their lost land.

Quote:
I also find it funny that I can walk through excavations in the area and find out everything about the Canaanites, Romans, Phoenicians and Egyptians yet there is not one shred of evidence for the great kingdom of Israel can be found, I was thinking about this while looking at a Canaanite wine cellar they excavated a few weeks back and it made me wonder about how it is every other civilisation that occupied the region is clearly visible yet nothing of David and the team to be seen.
You always go back to the time in which the least evidence is found about a former Jewish state. You neglect the ample evidence of later Jewish states, the Hasmonean Dynasty from 142 BCE-63 BCE, Herod the Great, who was appointed "King of the Jews" by the Roman Senate.

Quote:
Was it so efficiently wiped out which makes me wonder how previous archeology remained or did it just not exist after all the only way archeologists seem to link Jews to the area by by saying that "it was possibly Jewish because they didn't find any pig bones during the dig" but then if I dug out the back of my place I doubt I would find pig bones either but I am pretty sure that doesn't mean it was of a Jewish empire.
You are missing something : Extensive New First Temple Period Remains Unearthed in Jerusalem

When are you going to give some historical evidence of a former Palestinian state? Their first capital maybe. The battles they fought to get their state or defend it. Was it a kingdom, a theocracy? Names of their rulers? Artifacts of a lost Palestinian state? Anything.

AN INTERIM REPORT ON THE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION OF PALESTINE, during the period 1st JULY, 1920--30th JUNE, 1921. AN INTERIM REPORT ON THE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION OF PALESTINE. I.--THE CONDITION OF PALESTINE AFTER THE WAR. (document title was written in caps)

The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews. In the following 30 years a few hundreds came to Palestine. Most of them were animated by religious motives; they came to pray and to die in the Holy Land, and to be buried in its soil. After the persecutions in Russia forty years ago, the movement of the Jews to Palestine assumed larger proportions. Jewish agricultural colonies were founded. They developed the culture of oranges and gave importance to the Jaffa orange trade. They cultivated the vine, and manufactured and exported wine. They drained swamps. They planted eucalyptus trees. They practised, with modern methods, all the processes of agriculture. There are at the present time 64 of these settlements, large and small, with a population of some 15,000. Every traveller in Palestine who visits them is impressed by the contrast between these pleasant villages, with the beautiful stretches of prosperous cultivation about them and the primitive conditions of life and work by which they are surrounded.


Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
It seems Israel's poor record of abiding by International Law and UN Resolutions is at last having an effect on the civilised nations of the world.

It's 68 years too late, but I guess it's better than nothing.
U.N. Declares 2014, as "The Year of Solidarity With Palestine"

Only a few days ago :....
The truth : Voicing solidarity with Palestinian cause, UN officials stress importance of resumed peace talks.

“We cannot afford to lose the current moment of opportunity,” Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said in a message read on his behalf to the observance of the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.


Later today, Mr. Diallo will introduce several draft resolutions related to the question of Palestine to the General Assembly, which will be asked to, among other things, declare 2014 as the “International Year of Solidarity with the Palestinian People.”


Mr. Diallo is Senegal’s ambassador to the UN. Senegal is a muslim state.
Maybe he should call for a 2014 "International Year of Solidarity with children and women trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and commercial sexual exploitation"

Trafficking in Persons Report 2008. issued by the U.S. Department of State

In Senegal, religious teachers traffic boys, called talibe, by promising to educate them, but subjecting them instead to forced begging and physical abuse.


That wonderful religion of peace!

I've told you time and again that it is a religious problem.
November 30th, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VD
Mr. Diallo is Senegal’s ambassador to the UN. Senegal is a muslim state.
Maybe he should call for a 2014 "International Year of Solidarity with children and women trafficked for the purposes of forced labor and commercial sexual exploitation"

Trafficking in Persons Report 2008. issued by the U.S. Department of State
In Senegal, religious teachers traffic boys, called talibe, by promising to educate them, but subjecting them instead to forced begging and physical abuse.

That wonderful religion of peace!

I've told you time and again that it is a religious problem.
And exactly what does this have to do with the subject of this thread or the previous conversation?

How does what is happening in Senegal or Outer Mongolia, or any of a hundred other places on earth make Israel's theft of another people's land a religious problem? I noticed that you were not able to tie Ban Kyi Moon's religion into the cause of Israeli Terrorism,.... your Hasbara controller is slipping badly, No doubt you will both soon be recalled to HQ for re-education.

Neither you nor Israel can point the finger at anyone about being a religion of Peace, It's Israel that is the Worlds fourth most despised Pariah State not Senegal,.... the import of which will completely escape your very limited powers of cognition.
December 2nd, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
Video: Officer fires tear gas canister at B'Tselem videographer, causing injures.


Published:
2 Dec 2013

Direct aiming of tear gas canisters continues to put lives at risk, despite military's denials

Last Wednesday morning, November 27, 2013, Muhmmad 'Awad (Abu Ahmad), a B'Tselem volunteer videographer, and a resident of Beit Ummar, documented clashes between Palestinian youth and soldiers near the entrance to the town. The first video he shot depicts the soldiers standing by a jeep, and a stone landing near them. An officer is then seen firing several tear gas canisters from a "Ringo" type launcher, to the area of the stone throwers, in a position behind and to the right of the cameraman. The soldier then reloads the launcher and when another stone lands near the jeep, fires another volley or canisters:


Abu Ahmad was bruised in the chest and evacuated to a clinic in the town, and was later taken to 'Alia Hospital in Hebron, then released.
This is not an isolated incident. The firing of tear gas canisters directly at individuals is a routine practice by soldiers and border police officers in the West Bank. It has already claimed the lives of two people and has injured dozens of others in recent years. The military, however, continues to deny such a practice exists and avoids addressing it systematically. B'Tselem will send the footage to the Military Advocate for Operational Matters along with a demand to have the officer involved investigated by the Military Police Investigation Unit (MPIU) and held accountable.
To B'Tselem's knowledge, no member of the security forces has yet been indicted for serious injuries caused by directly aiming tear gas canisters at individuals. The MPIU investigation into the death of Bassen Abu Rahmeh, who was killed in April 2009, was closed in September 2013 for lack of evidence. The MPIU investigation into the death of Mustafa Tamimi, in December 2011, almost two years ago, began almost immediately after the incident, but the Military Advocate has not made a decision on the case file as of yet. The military's lax approach to recurring violations of the law and of military open fire regulations allows the practice of firing tear gas canisters directly at individuals to continue, putting lives at risk.
A composite image of video stills shows the canister's trajectory. Click to view all images
December 3rd, 2013  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
And exactly what does this have to do with the subject of this thread or the previous conversation?
Much more than your post #1554 about a camera and a plane.

Quote:
How does what is happening in Senegal or Outer Mongolia, or any of a hundred other places on earth make Israel's theft of another people's land a religious problem? I noticed that you were not able to tie Ban Kyi Moon's religion into the cause of Israeli Terrorism,.... your Hasbara controller is slipping badly, No doubt you will both soon be recalled to HQ for re-education.
Because the "Palestinian" conflict is about religion. It's about the Ummah, the worldwide caliphate. To the islamists the Palestinians are only a tool to reach their goal.

Ban Kyi Moon is not an Islamist. BTW did the UN already approved 2014 as "The Year of Solidarity With Palestine"? You were wrong about that.

Quote:
Neither you nor Israel can point the finger at anyone about being a religion of Peace, It's Israel that is the Worlds fourth most despised Pariah State not Senegal,.... the import of which will completely escape your very limited powers of cognition.
Palestinian Newspaper Admits: Israel Helps Palestinians (Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, May 6, 2013)
"[PA] Minister of Health, Hani Abdeen visited the [Israeli] Hadassah Hospital yesterday [May 5, 2013]. This is the first visit by a Palestinian minister to one of the most important Israeli hospitals, according to the hospital's announcement.
Minister Abdeen who was accompanied by a delegation that included senior officials of the ministry and of the PA, met with the Director of Ein Karem Hadassah Hospital, Yuval Weiss. He [the minister] visited Palestinian patients being treated in the hospital, and he distributed gifts. [Hospital director] Weiss said: 'We relate to patients without regard to nationality and religion. We treat Muslims, Christians, Jews, and other nationalities without bias, and 30% of the patients who are children are Palestinians.'
He went on to say: 'We've begun cooperating with the Palestinians. We now train teams of physicians from the hospital in Beit Jala in the southern West Bank, to treat cancer among children. We have about 60 Palestinian medical interns and specialist physicians who will be returning to the [Palestinian] Authority areas to carry out their work.'"


Israeli extends helping hand to sick Palestinians - CNN February 1, 2011

Day of hope for Palestinian children with cancer

Workshop on recycled water for agriculture in the PA

Mohammad Dajani's story:
“I never looked at an Israeli as a human, I looked at them as the enemy that needs to be thrown out of my country,” Dajani said. “If I couldn’t do it, then my vision was, we should walk in the temple and destroy it on their heads. That was an ‘us and them’ education that I had.”

“I realized that the doctors in the hospital were not treating him as an Arab, they’re treating him as a patient,” Dajani said. “It helped me to look at Israelis in a more humanistic way.”

“I was very skeptical they would give help because she is Arab and they are Jews and it was security, but immediately they cleared one of the security gates and called two ambulances and they started operating on her there,”
December 3rd, 2013  
senojekips
 
 
Please tell us why anyone would believe a self proven Hasbara Troll, an idiot who would willingly demonstrate to the world that he is so lacking in moral fortitude that he would support the worlds fourth most despised state? I'm not even going to answer your pathetic attempts at justifying your racist Nazi views.

The endless list of Israeli atrocities, Human rights abuses, and War Crimes, far outweigh any recent token attempts they try to justify their thieving, acts of terror and murdering for the last 85+ years.
 


Similar Topics
Israel rightfully own the West Bank .
Israel strikes Beirut suburb, tightens blockade
A conversation with Iranian dissident (MUST READ)
Palestinians
American racism