So why do people hate Israel? - Page 15

--

December 13th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
The discussion was about Arabs not able to lease land in Israel. I proved you were wrong. So, don't jump on something else.
All you "proved" was that the Israelis have published a document saying the opposite to what is actually happening. Now that's hardly surprising is it? These same people also state that they don't discriminate against Arabs,..... Whereas the facts show that they have actually passed local laws allowing it. (Which is a crime in itself) http://www.israellawresourcecenter.o...ide/SGTII1.htm

Quote:
Rule of law is not absolute crap.
BTW the conflict is a religious one.
I never said the rule of Law was crap, I said your statement was crap, and there is no connection between the two. For a start if you want to go down the legal road, you'll have to return Palestine to it's owners and that makes your whole argument null and void.

And we know that it's not a "religious" conflict as we have many Jews who strongly disagree with the Zionist point of view. Also it's not being fought over religion, it's being fought over dispossession of a people's land.

Quote:
You said . "...strenuously opposed further Jewish immigration and land buying...". Now you tell me how a Jew is able to buy land from a Arab Palestinian. Tell me.
Read what was said, not what you think I said. I was quoting "Jews for Justice in Palestine" who were talking about land being bought from absentee Ottoman landowners prior to 1948. Something you were quite aware of if you read the article.

Quote:
Well, well, well, you blew it again! This is the complete quote:

Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir warned today that rioters would be crushed ''like grasshoppers.'' and ''Anybody who wants to damage this fortress and other fortresses we are establishing will have his head smashed against the boulders and walls.''
Original article in the New York Times !

How many times are you going to distort the quotes of those people?
I never "distorted" anything, I had no need to,... So it was two separate quotations, he still said it all, and I still demonstrated the Neanderthal mentality of the Zionists. What,... are you going to argue that it wasn't written in his diary?
"But Mr. Shamir, standing atop an ancient West Bank castle, told reporters: ''Anybody who wants to damage this fortress and other fortresses we are establishing will have his head smashed against the boulders and walls.'' A fine sentiment,... if you are a Nazi.
December 13th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
What about you? Are your ancestors natives of the country you live in or did they come from Europe. If so are you ready to move if the natives reclaim their land? And if you have native ancestors don't you have to go back from where they came from?
Yes some Maori and some are European, New Zealand is a highly blended society now what is your point?
December 13th, 2011  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
What about you? Are your ancestors natives of the country you live in or did they come from Europe. If so are you ready to move if the natives reclaim their land? And if you have native ancestors don't you have to go back from where they came from?

Remember, Seno say that (which I think Monty agreed with) "laws were not put in place at that time and it was seen as acceptable", a kind of silly excuse imo, as I shown that train of thought to be false. People still and may be prosecuted for crimes even if there were no law currently forbidding it. That is so in U.S at least.
--
December 13th, 2011  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
Remember, Seno say that (which I think Monty agreed with) "laws were not put in place at that time and it was seen as acceptable", a kind of silly excuse imo, as I shown that train of thought to be false. People still and may be prosecuted for crimes even if there were no law currently forbidding it. That is so in U.S at least.
What I agreed with is the fact that I can not change what was done 100+ years ago all I can do is stop those actions from being repeated in today's world, you may find the argument that Genghis Khan slaughtered everyone so why cant I do it today compelling I don't but really that says more about your morality than Genghis's now doesn't it.

But hey if you want to go and dig up ole Genghis and try him for genocide be my guest.
December 13th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
Would you care to elaborate? How have you shown my statement to be false?

(1) Is it not a fact that there were no laws in place at that time forbidding the annexation of another persons country by force of arms? To save you the effort,... NO! there were not.

(2) Is it not a fact that colonisation of another people's country was regarded as acceptable behaviour by all major world powers at the time in question? Once again I will answer to save you fcuking about making up excuses. YES! it was.

Once again, we are talking about facts and no one cares about "what you think"
December 13th, 2011  
LeEnfield

VDKMS Stated

Now what happened to the Muslims that lived in Spain during the middle ages one wonders
December 14th, 2011  
Yossarian

And white persons, Asian peoples, African Americans, and Hispanic Americans would all have to undergo a mass exodus, based off that train of thought because the Land the U.S. Resides on was literally in most cases stolen from the Native Americans...

What does one do at this point many many gererations later? Thats the question that comes to mind in any debate on this world issue.
December 14th, 2011  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
What does one do at this point many many gererations later? That the question that comes to mind in any debate on this world issue.
It's all very simple. You make your decision based on whether the action was legal or not at the time it was committed.
December 14th, 2011  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Would you care to elaborate? How have you shown that to be false?

(1) Is it not a fact that there were no laws in place at that time forbidding the annexation of another persons country by force of arms? To save you the effort,... NO! there were not.

(2) Is it not a fact that colonisation of another people's country was regarded as acceptable behaviour by all major world powers at the time in question? Once again I will answer to save you fcuking about making up excuses. YES! it was.

Once again, we are talking about facts and no one cares about "what you think"

You basically agreed with me, the thing I was saying is just because there were no laws at the time do not mean it was acceptable. The reason these things can not be corrected is not just because there were no laws during that time, but also it is because too much time passed to do anything about it.

Israel have been here for quite a long time, it should therefore stay there as it would effect too many people (which was my point entirely).
December 14th, 2011  
RayManKiller3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
What I agreed with is the fact that I can not change what was done 100+ years ago all I can do is stop those actions from being repeated in today's world, you may find the argument that Genghis Khan slaughtered everyone so why cant I do it today compelling I don't but really that says more about your morality than Genghis's now doesn't it.

But hey if you want to go and dig up ole Genghis and try him for genocide be my guest.

I don't see where you came to the last parts of your statement on reading what I said... My statement was just showing that just because there are no laws directly forbidding it, do not mean you can not be prosecuted.

I agree with what you said, we can not change what was done so long ago, as it will effect the lives of those that are innocent (when it comes to this scale).

In no way did I say its okay to do something now because it was acceptable in the past, I was saying it is not okay to excuse actions of past events just because it was acceptable.