So why do people hate Israel? - Page 131

--

April 27th, 2013  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
If it has nothing to do with Islam then why is the Palestinian constitution based on sharia law? Chapter 1 Article 4-2 : The principles of Islamic Shari’a shall be the main source of legislation.
And why are radical muslim clerics on the official Palestinian TV calling for everyone to attack the Jews. Even the children programs are filled with it.
Our law is based on the Westminster system, but it has nothing to do with any war we might fight fight to resist an invader. If our officials called for resistance it would have nothing to do with their religion, just the desire to retain what is ours. As said a dozen times previously, "there are Christian Palestinians that want Israel gone too", but you conveniently keep forgetting that.

You need to get your Hasbara handbook updated with some new lies, the old ones fool no one.
April 27th, 2013  
lolwhassup

Read the book Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour. The Palestinians and Jews lived side by side happily until Zionists arrived. Many even abhorred the fact that Hitler was hell bent on wiping out the Jews. Zionism is the root cause of the never ending violence in Israel.
April 28th, 2013  
MontyB

Quote:
Nice try but you missed the point. The Gauls or Gallic people, ancestors of the French and Belgians, fought against the invaders to preserve their "country". (there never were Romans before in that region). Caesar called what is nowadays Germany , Germania. The "Palestinians" never fought to preserve their country because they never had one , untill Israel gave them one, the first ever in their history! The fight against the Jews has nothing todo with their country but with religion. Non-muslims are not allowed to rule on muslim ground. That is also the reason why the "Palestinians" want Jerusalem as their capital, it is the birthplace of two well known religions and the muslims want to control that.

Wrong, the Franks were Germans who conquered Gaul in the 6th century. It was the Franks who stopped the muslim invasion of Europe by beating their "invincible" cavalry with infantry. The muslim invaders were so terrified that they fled head over heels only to find out that their camp was destroyed by Frankish cavalry.
So what you are saying is that Germany and France are invented and never really existed?
Intriguing...

You have missed the point that the people are named for a geographical location it is why Germans are named what they are and it is why the French are named what they are and it is why New Zealand, Australia and about 200 other nations and people are named what they are and oddly enough it is why the Palestinians are named Palestinians.

Your desire and argument to marginalise the Palestinians is somewhat hoisted on its own petard given that using your logic the entire world is comprised of invented nations and nationalities.

So here is a thought, we can either throw out the last 100,000 years of mankind and its history or we can accept that Palestinians are named after an internationally known and accepted geographical location.

As I have said I have proof Palestinians exist, even seen them for myself and just to be sure I asked them and they and they seemed to think they were Palestinian on top of this Israel seemed to refer to the controlling group as the "Palestinian Authority" or they would not have stuck it on this sign...

so I am a little confused as to your reluctance to accept what everyone else does?

Actually I am not really confused I am just taking the piss out of you on the issue primarily because your argument has little value other wise the reality is that if you accept Palestinians exist and they exist because they are the inhabitants of a region known as Palestine then you have to admit they they have a right to self determination and that does not fit into your script now does it.
--
April 28th, 2013  
ScarabVenom

Quote:
Did the "Palestinians" revolted aginst Jordan or Egypt when their "land" was occupied (even annexed) by those countries? NO! Why? Because they were muslim. Jews are not muslims, that's what this conflict is all about. It's religious.
Well, it's about religion cause religion was used to say "God promised us this land", and anyways, Palestinians supposedly liked living under Egypt or Jordan, why would that be so bad? Shouldn't they choose?
April 28th, 2013  
ScarabVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
Read the book Blood Brothers by Elias Chacour. The Palestinians and Jews lived side by side happily until Zionists arrived. Many even abhorred the fact that Hitler was hell bent on wiping out the Jews. Zionism is the root cause of the never ending violence in Israel.
That's true! And I've seen documentaries in which people in both sides were asked if they would like to live along with each others without war and actually both sides agreed. I remember the Palestinian man saying that they should teach children how to live in peace instead of war. And another Israeli guy saying that he was willing to give the Palestinians even his pants LOL for peace. Talk to Israeli government or Hamas, well, the results are totally different.
April 28th, 2013  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
Our law is based on the Westminster system, but it has nothing to do with any war we might fight fight to resist an invader. If our officials called for resistance it would have nothing to do with their religion, just the desire to retain what is ours. As said a dozen times previously, "there are Christian Palestinians that want Israel gone too", but you conveniently keep forgetting that.

You need to get your Hasbara handbook updated with some new lies, the old ones fool no one.
You are avoiding the facts and refuse to see the truth. If a constitution says that it is based on sharia law then it is obvious that it has to do with religion. In the western world most countries have a majority of Christians but their constitution does not say that it is based on the bible.

There is no freedom of religion with a constitution based on sharia law because the other religions have to comply with muslim rules. Other religions are tolerated at best.

About Christian Palestinians: In Gaza Hamas says that they have respect for freedom of worship and Christian institutions. This is what they did: In 2007, a leader from the Gaza Baptist Church, Rami Ayyad, was murdered following months of threats and intimidation. Also in 2007 Hamas declared "an Ďend of secularism and heresy in the Gaza Stripí", gunmen attacked the Rosary Sisters School in Gaza city and, in 2008, the YMCA in Gaza City was blown up.

In May 2012 in the West bank city of Taibeh (under full control of the PA) was attacked by nearly 100 muslims. The sources said the Muslim assailants arrived in Taibeh with pistols and clubs after rumors spread that a Muslim was attacked in the village, with a population of fewer than 2,000. Jarallah (Palestinian journalist) said Christians were in constant fear of Muslim attacks.
The incident was not reported in palestinian media. Sectarian tension has also been reported in mixed cities, including Bethlehem, Beit Jala and Nablus.

Of course, if you only read anti-Israel propaganda you will never hear of these stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolwhassup
From On the Father of Christian anti-Zionism: From Bias to Bias

none of Chacourís numerous claims made regarding events outside his own village have been verified by historical records. Blood Brothers is based on memories of events and Chacourís personal interpretations of those events that took place over sixty years ago when he was a young boy. The 2003 expanded edition ofBlood Brothers carries a Foreword by former USA Secretary of State James A. Baker, who acknowledges that the bookís wider historical claims remain unverified by historians and are simply Chacourís childhood memories.

Some of Chacourís other claims are patently biased as, for example, when he states on page 61 that the true reason the European Zionists did not force all Palestinian Arabs out of the new Jewish state was because they did not know how to farm and were in need of cheap, experienced farm labour. This claim is unsubstantiated and reveals Chacourís prejudiced viewpoint. The fact is that from the end of the nineteenth century, it had been the Zionist farmers who had transformed the land from being an unproductive, swampy, malaria-ridden wilderness into fertile farmland.

Do not bewlieve everything that is written in that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
So what you are saying is that Germany and France are invented and never really existed?
Intriguing...

You have missed the point that the people are named for a geographical location it is why Germans are named what they are and it is why the French are named what they are and it is why New Zealand, Australia and about 200 other nations and people are named what they are and oddly enough it is why the Palestinians are named Palestinians.

Your desire and argument to marginalise the Palestinians is somewhat hoisted on its own petard given that using your logic the entire world is comprised of invented nations and nationalities.

So here is a thought, we can either throw out the last 100,000 years of mankind and its history or we can accept that Palestinians are named after an internationally known and accepted geographical location.

As I have said I have proof Palestinians exist, even seen them for myself and just to be sure I asked them and they and they seemed to think they were Palestinian on top of this Israel seemed to refer to the controlling group as the "Palestinian Authority" or they would not have stuck it on this sign...

so I am a little confused as to your reluctance to accept what everyone else does?

Actually I am not really confused I am just taking the piss out of you on the issue primarily because your argument has little value other wise the reality is that if you accept Palestinians exist and they exist because they are the inhabitants of a region known as Palestine then you have to admit they they have a right to self determination and that does not fit into your script now does it.
Rubbish. The nationality of a people is according to the country they live in. The French live in France and the Germans in Germany. Germans living in the Eifel are called Germans, not Eifelners. Just as Belgians living in the Eifel are called Belgians, not Eifelners.

Every citizen in the British Mandate got a British Passport for Palestine. This was valid until the end of the mandate. Thereafter came the Israeli and Jordanian passports , and from 1995 there was a Palestinian passport.

April 28th, 2013  
senojekips

Quote:
You are avoiding the facts and refuse to see the truth.
No, I have the facts and they have been stated here numerous times, It is nothing to do with religion as Palestinians are of different religions, The Christians hate the israelis as much as the Muslims.,this is a fact you cant deny and so you rabbit on about inanities as stated in your Hasbara handbook.

It only stands to reason that if Australia invaded your country, you would not base your dislike on the fact that I as an invader, am an Atheist.

As usual you have nothing you can say relevant to the facts so you attempt to divert and blur the facts to suit your racist views.

Get used to it, no one believes your Hasbara bullsh!t and no one cares what you think any more than they would have a supporter of the Nazis in Germany.

All the above having been said previously, several times.
It appears that DelBot and your self are riding on the same merry go round.
April 28th, 2013  
senojekips

Quote:
You are avoiding the facts and refuse to see the truth.
No, I have the facts and they have been stated here numerous times, It is nothing to do with religion as Palestinians are of different religions, The Christians hate the israelis as much as the Muslims.,this is a fact you cant deny and so you rabbit on about inanities as stated in your Hasbara handbook.

It only stands to reason that if Australia invaded your country, you would not base your dislike on the fact that I as an invader, am an Atheist.

As usual you have nothing you can say relevant to the facts so you attempt to divert and blur the facts to suit your racist views.

Get used to it, no one believes your Hasbara bullsh!t and no one cares what you think, any more than they would have a supporter of the Nazis in Germany.
April 29th, 2013  
MontyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips

Get used to it, no one believes your Hasbara bullsh!t and no one cares what you think any more than they would have a supporter of the Nazis in Germany.

All the above having been said previously, several times. It appears that DelBot and your self are riding on the same merry go round.
Yeah but to be fair what else does he contribute to around here, I am always amused by people that show up for one thread only all while trying to pretend they are the voice of reason.

I have no doubt that they will argue they have to "spread the truth" but the reality is that this thread would have sunk to page 20 and been long forgotten had they simply wanted the thread to die and left it alone.

As Winston Churchill once said "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" although I think it was George Santayana who defined fanaticism as "redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim" which covers DelBot very well you would be surprised at the number of battles we have fought because I had the effrontery to agree with him on something.

Still I am enjoying VD arguing that there is no Palestine while showing pictures of official documents referring to Palestine, just the fact that he is oblivious to the irony is worth the price of admission alone, he is as good if not better entertainment than the regular ranting's of the flat earth society guy on speakers corner in town but no where as amusing as the local Christian sect that don't believe in gravity.
April 29th, 2013  
senojekips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
Yeah but to be fair what else does he contribute to around here, I am always amused by people that show up for one thread only all while trying to pretend they are the voice of reason.---snip--
The man is without doubt a certifiable idiot who seems eager to display the fact that he is no more than a typical pro-Zionist hasbara troll. A policy that has really shown Israel for what it is, the world's worst rogue state, a state that finds it necessary to enlist it's own citizens and supporters to try and sex up the facts about it's long running record of military and Human Rights atrocities and lack of care for International opinion.