Sniper question

SMPRfidlis

I was just wondering what type of waiver an officer would need to attend sniper school? Most of the sites I have visited say that officers cant go but a few say you can with a waiver. Is that right??
Also this is for the USMC

It takes an age to train a sniper, it also takes an age to train an officer. Officers are there to lead the men and not to go off alone for days on end sniping it is a waste of resources.

Well i have heard of instances where a sniper group's officer has never been a trained sniper. I think that that is rather foolish and that the officer in charge of snipers should be trained in it... wouldn't you agree??? :sniper:

SMPRfidlis said:
Well i have heard of instances where a sniper group's officer has never been a trained sniper. I think that that is rather foolish and that the officer in charge of snipers should be trained in it... wouldn't you agree??? :sniper:

No. If you want to be a sniper, enlist. If you want to plan and coordinate snipers, become an officer.

All officers are given a fam course(s), very, very few attend S/S school for very good reason.

very good reason being.....it DAMN hard??? ;)

but back to the waiver. Is it just a wiaver saying that your an officer and going to attend S/S???? nothing REALLY special.

One it is a question of time and resources, if a highly trained officer is playing at being a sniper then he is wasting his time. You have very experienced NCO's who have done all that on the battlefield and can instruct first hand just what needs to be done. Or do you think that all Officers should be doing the work of soldiers and junior NCO's.

Back