Sniper - Page 2

--

February 23rd, 2012  
Trooper1854

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
I must be a nut case, because I actually like the challenge of that kind of recce missions. We used to have a competition when we came back who had the heaviest S***-bag. The one with the heaviest had won the right to buy the beers.
At least you had something to keep you warm on a cold night in an O/P
February 23rd, 2012  
42RM

Yep, but avoid eating curry or too much garlic in the days leading up to the mission.
February 24th, 2012  
03USMC

Seen alot "Hard Chargers" decide they want to be a Scout Sniper (There is Scout in there for a reason they don't realize) or DM. If they do get a slot they suddenly realize that it isn't all Cool Ninja BS and it's intensive in alot of different areas. Field Craft, Land Nav, Comms, Ballistic Tables etc. They suddenly decide "it's not for me".

"Sh*t High Speed a little research woulda saved ya bilge out in your jacket!"
--
February 27th, 2012  
Spartan613

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
I must be a nut case, because I actually like the challenge of that kind of recce missions. We used to have a competition when we came back who had the heaviest S***-bag. The one with the heaviest had won the right to buy the beers.
Bootnecks. *rolls eyes*.
February 29th, 2012  
LeEnfield

First of all join the forces then if you are good enough you can put in to be a sniper. As this job carries its own stress level many units will only pick people that have seen a bit of action and have come through the other side of it with flying colours. The other thing is you will need to be an excellent shot with your unit and regularly run up top scores on the range. Sniper school may be able to help you become a better shot but they can't make you a marksman
February 29th, 2012  
Jay

you can be a fine sniper with any sort of corrected vision, but being able to hit your mark is hardly an essential skill, the sniper keeps his brothers and sisters in arms alive, by hiding and observing.
May 24th, 2013  
Young gun

Ever since I was little I wanted to join the marines. The main reason why. Chose the Marines I s because they're supposed to be the toughest to get into and since I come for a really messed up family and being the oldest I feel obligated to break the cycle of my family. Another big reason is I want to keep people from getting hurt and protect which is something I've done for all of my siblings and friends when they needed it. I know that once I become a Marine I'll feel the same way towards marines as well as any other soldier. I've looked at a lot of different MOS's and jobs available in the corps and I haven't found anything that I think I'll get that sense of protection from. I'm open to any other suggestions or jobs where people feel directly involved with protecting people regardless of the branch. I've also looked at other branches and what they have to offer, but I would really like to stick to the corps. I've also considered intelligence, communications, and aviations as well. Any other suggestions or jobs where you felt that sense of protection and saving lives. I'm sure you get that feeling regardless of your job because I think that's what a soldier does, but I need something more.