Which language?

• Russian

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Chinese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • German

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Ok I want to be an Aerospace Engineer and I've been looking at various languages involved with aerospace, aeronautical, ect. Although this might be a question for a space forum I might as well ask here. The Germans used to be involved with rocket sciences (are they still active?), The Russians have a space program that is active, and the Chinese seem to be catching up to doing any kind of space program. So what language do you think I should take when I get to high school or college? Russian or Chinese seems to be my best bet from what a lot of people say. Right now I'm 13 and this is a question which I won't be needing until I'm 22-23 :p. So what do you guys think? Oh and one thing....:biggun: :rolleyes:

I would suggest English as your first language with a sprinkling of engineering and science. lol

If you are truly interested, I suggest you use the internet to obtain the address of NASA and get your information directly from the horses mouth so to speak.

I asked because I can still work for the American Space program. While I'm working for the program I'll be working with other people from around the world. I'm asking this because I'm wondering who would I be most likely be working with in the next 10-15 years. I just like being prepared...sometimes :wink:

phoenix80 said:
any thing technical needs either English or German sources

Whew, thank goodness all those Japanese scientists and electrical engineers working for Sony don't do any technical work in their own language.
:sarc:

Pho, where do you come up with this stuff? Can I borrow some of it for my act?? I think I could make the big time finally with you doing my writing.
:mrgreen:

CAP Cadet Burrichter said:
I asked because I can still work for the American Space program. While I'm working for the program I'll be working with other people from around the world. I'm asking this because I'm wondering who would I be most likely be working with in the next 10-15 years. I just like being prepared...sometimes :wink:

I'm not too sure that the US even works with Russia or China when it comes to rocket science

I understand that but I'm also not talking about Japan. I'm not looking for the oldest industrial power either. I'm looking for what will be the most active country besides the United States and these three seems to be the best canidates so far in the future

I've got a friend who works for the ESA in Germany, I visited him at work last year and I think he uses only German and English, even if there are scientists from many different countrys there.
I don't know how good the chinese space program allready is, but I would prefer German or Russian. And after all the two languages are sure more easy to learn than Chinese.
For my selve I speak German, because I am a German :mrgreen: and just started learning Russian and I must say, that I like the language, even if you have to learn a new writing to, but thats the same in Chinese.

I meant that, but I didn't find the right word in my brain :bang:

A friend of mine learned and it seems not so easy, too. But I think it would be more or less useless for a rocketscientist

Back