Slowed Way Down - Page 2

--
Boots

August 7th, 2015  
The Highway Man

I love black pudding, especially when its on a full English. its also used in a Cumbrian dish called tattie pot.
August 7th, 2015  
Elembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Highway Man
I love black pudding, especially when its on a full English. its also used in a Cumbrian dish called tattie pot.
Never heard of Tattie Pot you will have to send me the recipe.
August 7th, 2015  
The Highway Man

We don't use the lamb just extra beef. and put the black pudding in with the meat so it breaks down into a thick rich gravy.

Ingredients

1lb stewing beef (not braising steak) cubed,1/2 lb breast of lamb cubed (or lamb cutlets - 1 each),Black Pudding Ring,1 large onion - chopped,Couple of good shakes Worcester Sauce,Salt & Pepper,Enough water to cover meats - from the kettle is good,4-5 medium potatoes Sliced
Method

Cut beef and lamb into cubes, add chopped onion and about 1/4 of the black pudding, diced, add salt & pepper and Worcester sauce, then add enough water to cover put a lid on the dish and pop into a 180 oven (160 fan) for 1.5 to 2 hours. Check the seasoning and thicken with cornflour & gravy browning (my grandmother eventually moved to Bisto, said it was tastier so now that's what I do). At this point, put the sliced potatoes on top of the meat (like a Lancashire Hot Pot) add more seasoning to the potatoes. Lid back on and back in the over for another hour or so (check the potatoes after an hour). For nice crispy potatoes, lid off for last 1/2 hour of cooking and during this last half hour add as much black pudding (sliced this time) as you like. You need crusty bread to mop up the delicious gravy.
--
Boots
August 7th, 2015  
dadsgirl

Never tried, but looks interesting.
August 7th, 2015  
m551sheridan

some of youz is really sick puppies............ think I will indulge myself with a pan full of

August 8th, 2015  
Elembe

We have roo burgers tonight for tea.
August 8th, 2015  
m551sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elembe
would like to try those..........
August 8th, 2015  
Redleg

Quote:
I've tried that once, and it was really quite good.
August 9th, 2015  
Elembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by m551sheridan
would like to try those..........
If you ever get the chance you should try roo, it is very dark red and no fat so pretty healthy for you. Also the burger were lovely.
August 9th, 2015  
BritinAfrica

Quote:
If you ever get the chance you should try roo, it is very dark red and no fat so pretty healthy for you. Also the burger were lovely.
Don't the buggers keep jumping off the plate????