Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?

View Poll Results :Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?
yes 13 43.33%
no 15 50.00%
not sure 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

November 4th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

Topic: Should Schwarzenegger be allowed to run for President?

I have been seeing a few members talking about the possibility of Arnold Schwarzenegger. This deserves a thread of it's own.

The issue at hand is amending the Constitution to allow people who are not born in the US to run for President.

Do you agree with this?
November 4th, 2004  
LIBERTY

I dont believe so, because you have to be born in America to be the president. Besides I think hes as better actor than governor.
November 4th, 2004  
Duty Honor Country

as of now, I am not sure about it. I head that one version of the amendment said that the person would have to live in the US for over 30 or 40 years.

I guess I am going to see if anyone on the forum can sway me to one side or the other
--
Boots
November 4th, 2004  
Darkmb101

No, the article in teh Constitution allowing only natural born citizens to become president is a safety mechanism, so the American belief isnt too heavily influenced by other countries politics.
November 4th, 2004  
LIPS

Thats a big YES it should be enjoyable listening to his speaches and so on.
Plus he has already been trained as an actor so he should fit in quite well
with the rest of them.
November 4th, 2004  
A Can of Man

He'd be a great president.
The TERMINATOR says your country will be TERMINATED!
And what an impact the small country of Austria will have had on world history!
November 4th, 2004  
RnderSafe

No. If he loved the US so much, he could have enlisted his service to Her, not spent most of his time making action flicks. (this is not meant to overshadow some of the excellent charity work he has done) IMO, and I too am a immigrant to the US, the prerequisites are fine and there is no need to change them for one man to which many are still star stricken by.
November 4th, 2004  
Italian Guy

He should. Who's more American than him?
November 4th, 2004  
czarninakid

We can't get an amendment to protect our American flag so I'd say we'll never see a non US born president.
November 4th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
He should. Who's more American than him?
ahhh, anyone that was born there and speaks English without an Austrian accent? (No offence meant to people with accents, I have one 2...)

I do think that if he is a citizen, he should be allowed to run. The USA is a country of immigrants...