Should Laser Guns Be Banned In A Conflict/Battlefield - Page 2

--

September 23rd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

We have had laser guns(the ones you saw in star wars and stuff like that) for some time now, well not we as in "we" i mean their is a secret society who has stuff like that but if i tell the name i will be thought a nut and i get enough of that in my school.

but on the topic i don't think they should be allowed, we should stick to good old projectiles, those guns from Starship Troopers were pretty tight though.
September 23rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Meh, there is no law in warfare, those bans are a joke.
September 23rd, 2004  
Stafford911

Should be banned but they will be used anyway.
--
September 24th, 2004  
Mark Conley

its not harmful lasers im worried about...its the unharmful lasers that when swept thru magnyfying optics..then become bad against eyesight.

People forget that lasers will still be effected by magnifying lenses and such there fore a laser beam fired into any type of night vision optic that also magnifys can result in the beam tightening to a point that it burns against the rods and cones of the eye.

laws my tail end...
September 24th, 2004  
Bootboy82

Does it really matter if you are killed or wounded by a laser or a regular gun? I don't think so.
January 14th, 2005  
EOD

Lasers are more used than commonly known.
Some NATO countries use them (successfully) for protection from airborne attacks and for ship defense against speed boats.
January 15th, 2005  
Whispering Death

I'm with the people who say it's stupid to ban lasers. That's like when there was a ban against crossbows, and we see how that worked out for them.
January 15th, 2005  
FO Seaman

The UN has a lot of bans. But then again why should China listen to us? I mean yes we have lasers the High Energy Tactical Laser for anti-arty use and stuff but its inhumane to use lasers against gound combatants but why would they listen?
January 15th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

True, but we have fragmentation grenades that can blind people. Maybe this weapon they have will be used for riots/protest.
January 15th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianAmerican
True, but we have fragmentation grenades that can blind people. Maybe this weapon they have will be used for riots/protest.

A frag is not ment to blind, they are ment to kill mot blind, blinding lasers are ment to blind, emphasizing on blind.