Self-defence with a Walking-stick - Page 2

--

March 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
I'll stick with my S&W Model 442 and my CCW thank you very much.

A walking stick is useless beyond it's reach. My S&W is useless beyond 60 yards. Who wins?

what about special permits? last i heard you dont need a permit to carry a concealed walking stick...though i cant say the same about S&Ws...Some people would rather use the stick...I would rather use my Glock 34 but i dont want to have to go through the legal ramifications of carrying a concealed weapon...Id much rather just use my fists and my feet or a walking stick without going through background checks, licence waits, all that jazz. bsides, most people you would encounter while walking would probably take you to court if you shot them...Which really burns me up.
March 22nd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohmar Deathstrike
Like that guy in your sig
heh, yeah but i think it is a sword? maybe
March 22nd, 2006  
sandy

I am trying to master this Fencing・・・・・・・
This is easier than I had expected.
It is because I was learning kendo for a long time.
Folks,try it.you need only stick.
In 3m close combat,sword is superior to gun. (from my experience)
--
March 22nd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy
I am trying to master this Fencing・・・・・・・
This is easier than I had expected.
It is because I was learning kendo for a long time.
Folks,try it.you need only stick.
In 3m close combat,sword is superior to gun. (from my experience)
heh, I know what you mean yeah..

but still... walking around with a stick? I mean... I dont know heh..
March 22nd, 2006  
Rob Henderson

it all depends on the situation...no one can ever anticipate all of the countless scenarios in which one would be in close combat. Guns are more powerful than swords, but depending on the situation, it might be to ones advantage to use a sword, or a walking stick...I personally feel as though guns are more powerful than sticks. Thats where the difference comes in sandy, you are using swords as the example, this is with an umbrella, or a cane... and unless you have one of those spy canes that unsheaths to become a sword, i think you might be in trouble...
March 23rd, 2006  
therise21

a great man once said "speak quietly and carry a big stick".
March 23rd, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Well, in most states in the USA those sword canes are weapons and thus you need a permit to carry on. The same permit to carry a gun.

As I said early, I'll stick with my S&W.
March 23rd, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

heh..
Anyway, I got one of those spy canes that unsheaths a blade. But the blade looks fragile and umm.. not exactly promising..
March 23rd, 2006  
Missileer

What would you need a cane for? If you hit anyone, it would just make him madder. Of course, you might use one on the womenfolk if they're caught wearing fingernail polish or a face net with non mil spec mesh size.