searches?

--

December 14th, 2004  
egoz

Topic: searches?

is there a feature that allows you to search for key words or phrases already in a thread? it could help in repeating information already brought up.
December 14th, 2004  
Redleg

Have you tried the "search" link that's located at the top (twice) of every page??
December 14th, 2004  
implicature

wow redleg that was fast!!!! and you said you were busy! lol
--
December 14th, 2004  
egoz

well i have, but i meant searches a specific thread not just the whole forum or sections of the forum. they have that feature on other forums, i was just wondering if this one might have that. for the longer threads it makes it easier to look up information.
December 14th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Well it actually works. What do you exactly need to search?
December 14th, 2004  
egoz

maybe i wasn't using it right. i was looking for a key phrase the other day and i couldn't find it using the search. i ended up having to go through a couple of threads that i could remember and found it "manually."
December 14th, 2004  
Italian Guy

Ain't too easy things too boring after all?
December 14th, 2004  
implicature

GOOGLE SEARCH the site when you click on search it is right above.. i like it better than the site search.... for all i know they could be the same i don't know. but i think that the google one lets you get a preview!!
December 14th, 2004  
Redleg

The google search should be easier to use, but it's not updated in real time like the forum search so you wont find new threads/posts in there.
(the google index can be a week or so old)