Screw the .50 cal

Next, we need some rocket scientist to say that the minimum round for sniping is a 3" round from a naval gun. :confused:

But I do like that old 20mm. ;)

Holy Mother of Purl a 20mm tank killer to get Terrorists, thats a little over kill to Moi.

Is that classified as a Rifle or a Gun? Last I heard terrorists don't have tanks:tank: But I could be wrong.

A sling-shot with a 150lbs sling and a 1 ounce ballbearing should do the job, Remember it's silent and goes
through cars, doors, Hot water tanks+++++40m Very affective weapon.

I never shot one but I heard great things about the .408 Chey Tac, First they developed the round and built a rifle around it.
One of my friends swear by this long range rifle, and use it on a daily bases. 2 miles will Peirce 1"+ metal, if your using
AP round even more effective, as much lighter weapon to buggy with.

Well I wish the best of luck with your Big Gun Sniper 117, show no Mercy.

J.

Last edited:
I gotta get me one of those 20mm tank killers! That would def stop a terrorist!
That's like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly. It's overkill and a waste of resources. Unless he's in a tank, then it's perfectly justified.

let's use TAKA"K (inner barrel gun)

Israel has developed a small gun that fits inside the 120mm main gun of the tank like a regular 120mm shell- and can fire vulcan round with it !
it's cheap and good for target practice and i heard it was used to killl individuals from far greater distace than any sniper without the colateral damage.. have you heard about it? what's it's name in english and what caliber is it (i use it myself sometimes but i keep forgetting)

That's like using a sledgehammer to swat a fly. It's overkill and a waste of resources. Unless he's in a tank, then it's perfectly justified.
I seem to remember reading that the Rhodesians and/or South Africans used 20mm to good effect.

I seem to remember reading that the Rhodesians and/or South Africans used 20mm to good effect.
Must be for longer ranges and greater penetration of cover.

I wonder how badly a high velocity 30mm sniper rifle would screw you up. And would such a weapon even be able to be moved by one man?

the new 'sniper technology' that has been cast into our armed forces has not replaced the good old rifles that shoot bullets, not missiles. although i would agree blowing the trucknuts off of a BTR would be a great asset to a sniper squad, i think i'd still settle for a lower caliber bolt or semi, just in case there is any personell.

Must be for longer ranges and greater penetration of cover.

I wonder how badly a high velocity 30mm sniper rifle would screw you up. And would such a weapon even be able to be moved by one man?
Actually meant 20MM cannons on AFVs instead of .50s

Back