support it 13 37.14%
no 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

January 31st, 2005  
Sexybeast

Topic: same sex marriage (i am not gay)

there will be a voting of same sex marriage in canadian parliment soon...

there are lots of discussion going on in canada right now on this issue.

wut do u think?

can religion tolerate this?

is the charter of rights really allow same sex to get married?
January 31st, 2005  
r031Button

Seperation of Church and State. The Charter doesn't specify who can get married; and when we legalized homosexual relationships, we said they are as legitimate as heterosexual ones. Frankly I don't see how this will have any affect on me; and therefore I support it, as it does me no harm, and benifits those who are already in life long relationships.
January 31st, 2005  
Whispering Death

My whole theory on this is that religion gave up the right to determine who can and cannot get married the second religions let the government issue marriage licenses. At the point that it is a state instiution and the state cannot discriminate in the same way a private instituion can. So if we are to be true to the laws and philosophies of the United States same-sex marriage has to be legalized. That is the theoretical.

The practical is that it will eventually become legalized in the U.S. but I doubt it will be anytime soon. It was, what, 30 years ago(?) homosexuality was still considered a mental desiese and now homosexuals expect to make the jump from desiesed to fully accepted in such a short time? Ain't going to happen, it took the blacks over 200 years.

But there is no doubt in my mind that history will judge the anti-gay crowd in the same manner that it currently judges the KKK so I've decided to side with justice.

EDIT: I think this goes in the off topic forum
--
Boots
January 31st, 2005  
chewie_nz

one thing we found here in NZ was that the wording was important, it's not a marriage becasue marriage has to do with a religion....however a same sex UNION doesn't carry the same emotional response.

all though it has polarised many people here our parliment voted through the civil unions bill...which doesn't descriminate against gender
January 31st, 2005  
A Can of Man

I don't see why they can just keep it with a Union with all the same benefits. "Marriage" indeed I think is treading on religious territory. Just call it a Union officially. No one's going to care.
January 31st, 2005  
k19

In canada, YES, in the U.S, No way.
January 31st, 2005  
dougal

NO NO NO!!!
January 31st, 2005  
SHERMAN

U tink anyone should do whatever they want as long as they dont harm anyone.
January 31st, 2005  
dougal

Yes trrue I supose.

But same sex marrage hurts nearly everyone.
January 31st, 2005  
SHERMAN

I know im going to be sorrey for getting into this, but:

How dose it hurt everybody?