View Poll Results :wut do u think of same sex marriage
support it 13 37.14%
no 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

--
Boots

February 2nd, 2005  
SHERMAN

well, they cant be married in most religions, but they can be by law. i dont see the big problem really.
February 2nd, 2005  
SwordFish_13

Hi,

Quote:
and HIV isnt just for homo's it is spreaded through rape by alot of people so i think
What are you talking about ................... Consented unprotected Sex with Multiple partners is More consern ................. Rape and HIV are not that much related or should i say not much researched .

Problem is Some of the people having Sexualy transmitted Diseases don't know themselves that they have them ........... and become walking Spreaders before they know it.

I don't want to go into ethics of this But research Shows Homosexuality is much more natural phenomen .................. many Animal species have Known to Show Homosexual behaviour ................. and frankly i don't care who a person sleeps with in the privacy of his/her home .

If a person can live a happy and prosperous Life ................ be it .

Peace
-=SF_13=-
February 2nd, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Marriage is religous and most religions do not support same sex marriage. I am against it. Marriage is defined as a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman. Marriage is a sacred bond and by changing the definition to allow same sex we would be breaking that bond. We need to keep thing sthe way they are. I don't believe they should marry and if they do it shouldn't be under God's hand.
--
Boots
February 2nd, 2005  
SHERMAN

no one said all the churches must allow them to marry.... all they are asking is to be included in the leagal-secular definition of "married".
February 2nd, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Well if they want to be married they can just don't call it Marriage cause marriage is religous call it a union or something like that. Marriage is between a man and woman and religous and can't be redifinded because God created it. If God wanted gay marriage why would he have created Adam and Eve why not Adam and Phil or Eve and Rebbeca? Marriage is a man and woman under God not anything else and if they change it that would be, I cant even come up with a word on how horrible it would be.
February 2nd, 2005  
SHERMAN

I am not getting any deeper into this, for fear of saying something ill regret.
February 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastHuman
Marriage is religous and most religions do not support same sex marriage. I am against it. Marriage is defined as a man and woman not man and man or woman and woman. Marriage is a sacred bond and by changing the definition to allow same sex we would be breaking that bond. We need to keep thing sthe way they are. I don't believe they should marry and if they do it shouldn't be under God's hand.
thats why a "civil union" is a good option. it removes state descrimination and also provides legal recognition of a committed relationship....but it is NOT marriage.

you may want to have a flick through this website to see how we did it.

http://www.civilunions.org.nz/civilunions/
February 3rd, 2005  
SAINT

If the same sexes want to get married.. let them.

BUT on the marriage certificate, it should be written the gender of the wife and husband.

February 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

I think you can throw religion as a reason to exclude them right out unless you want to enact some law that says atheists can't be married.
February 3rd, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Atheists shouldn't be married under the ordained light of God. They should be unified not marryed.