Russian Planes vs. American Planes, which is better?

View Poll Results :Which of these modern planes is your favorite?
MiG-29 Fulcrum 3 15.79%
X-35A JSF (F-35) 2 10.53%
SU-37 Terminator 0 0%
F/A-18E Super Hornet 2 10.53%
MiG/MAPO 1.42 0 0%
F-22 Raptor 11 57.89%
SU-47 Berkut 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

September 14th, 2004  

Topic: Russian Planes vs. American Planes, which is better?

Personally, I find that Russian planes are better than American planes. SUs and MiGs are much nicer than F-15, F-16, and F-18s.

Here is a website for Russian Planes:

Here is a website for American Planes:
September 14th, 2004  
I like the F-22

But here is the Su-47
September 14th, 2004  
That site for Russian planes is stinkin slow loading!! Scratch that, it DOESN'T load. Oh well.

If someone were to verify everything about the Mig 1.4 as true and also confirm that is has no design flaws whatsoever, then its might be the best fighter in the world. Unfortunately, it's likely it will never enter production. It's likely the only fighter in the world that stands a chance of outclassing the F22, one to one (if the data on the Mig is accurate).

I caught a show awhile back. Mig 29 pilots of former East Germany had some extensive wargames vs the most up to date F18 at the time (E I think). The result? Each was found to have its advantages and disadvantages and it was a tossup. Neither fighter significantly outkilled the other.
September 15th, 2004  
USA rules!
My opinion
September 16th, 2004  
But I must tell you that my utmost favorite has always been the F-4J Phantom II
September 16th, 2004  
silent driller
I voted here, but be careful guys. It's another "who's better" thread...
Anyway, my favorite jet is the F-16 Falcon, but it wasn't here so I went for the fighter with the next baddest attitude- the Hornet. Sometimes it ain't even about technology or the most agility. Sometimes it's just about who has the bigger brass! And the Falcon is one sleek, y jet piloted by men with a lot of brass in the trousers.
September 17th, 2004  
I definitely like the helmet mounted missible sight on the Mig 29. I don't know of any of the currently deployed US fighters have anything like it.
September 17th, 2004  
Tha Apache helo has something like it and the F-22 and JSF will have it.
September 17th, 2004  
Right, but no currently deployed fighter aircraft. It would make a nice addition to a F18 for instance.
September 19th, 2004  
none of these, I prefer the F-14 Tomcat.