Russian "M82"

--

March 28th, 2005  
Snauhi

Topic: Russian "M82"

Sniper Rifle VM-2000

cant find much info about it expect

The 12.7 x 108 mm VM-2000 sniper rifle is designed to discharge the same combat task as the OSV-96, but it features manual reloading. The bullup configuration provides the rifle with improved manoeuvre and combat readiness capabilities. The weapon boats a more sophisticated design and provides a higher accuracy of fire.
March 28th, 2005  
AlexKall

Looks cool, too bad you couldn't find more info about it!
March 29th, 2005  
Whispering Death

ain't much to look at.
--
March 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

I hate it. The M82 is semi-auto, and that thing is harder to load.

Love the M82.
March 29th, 2005  
SHERMAN

Quote:
I hate it. The M82 is semi-auto, and that thing is harder to load
And I assume you say that based on experience on both weapons? Bolt action rifles are usually more accurate.
March 29th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
I hate it. The M82 is semi-auto, and that thing is harder to load
And I assume you say that based on experience on both weapons? Bolt action rifles are usually more accurate.

Have you tried M82 and that one and have you ever shot an bolt-action rifle?

M82 is super heavy,while this looks much more lighter.

Because the M82 looks cool doesent mean its good... movies aint nothing to take info eather.
March 29th, 2005  
rOk

I like it. It's got that typical USSR crude look about it...like it's just wanting to say "I'll shoot whether you want me to or not"
March 29th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Yes a bolt-action is usually more accurate, but I prefer semi-auto. Yes I have used a bolt-action. I hate it because I hate all bullpup design weapons.
March 30th, 2005  
Marksman

how about M93 "Black arrow"

http://www.mitchellsales.com/rifles/...blackarrow.jpg
March 31st, 2005  
Vitaly

I really dislike how the Russian Firearm Bureaus spend resources on developing all kinds of different weapons instead of perfecting and standardizing. Just look at all different weapons that have been created over the years, all of which are ugly too.

http://world.guns.ru/