Russia unveils its first stealth fighter jet

I cant help but sense familiarity with that plane...like Ive seen it some place before..

Anyways, congratulations russia about time they got a stealth plane...cant help feeling it lagged behind the West for a good 25 years..

F-22! thats it, thats what im reminded of...i guess they liked it.
Kinda like the space shuttle.

I cant help but sense familiarity with that plane...like Ive seen it some place before..

Anyways, congratulations russia about time they got a stealth plane...cant help feeling it lagged behind the West for a good 25 years..

F-22! thats it, thats what im reminded of...i guess they liked it.

The PAK FA is generally similar in appearance to the American F-22, though there are so many differences in detail that it is clearly an original design rather than a knock-off copy. A direct comparison with the F-22 is probably not meaningful on an unclassified basis, but Russian marketers will probably sell it as roughly equivalent in combat potential. While the F-35 is also a fifth generation stealth fighter, the low observable characteristics of this attack aircraft are said to be markedly inferior to the all-around stealth of the F-22 air supremacy fighter.

Source:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/pak-fa.htm

A fighter means little in a fight if you havn't the fuel to fly it (or arm it).
Russia has no major problems with fuel supply, considering their possession of a crap-ton of oil in their backyard.

Last edited:
Oil has little value if it cannot be refined.
And last I heard Russia lost a large number of their refineries when the USSR broke up.

Hey if Russia ever gets really desperate, they'll be powering their jets with that Vodka supply. A drunk Russian is bad enough, but a Drunk Russian in a fighter jet powered by booze is hell on wings.

Back