Russia getting new equipment - Page 4

--

February 1st, 2005  
Shadowalker

Is the project between india and russia to build a 5th gen fighter still going ahead? Could be a very good plane with russian expertise and indian money, would it be exported in the same way as past migs and sukhois or is it just going to be a russian/indian plane?
February 1st, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
Is the project between india and russia to build a 5th gen fighter still going ahead? Could be a very good plane with russian expertise and indian money, would it be exported in the same way as past migs and sukhois or is it just going to be a russian/indian plane?
Its going forward, but i dont think that it will be exported to any others nations.
February 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

lol.....

U.S get out of ur own land cuz those lands belong to indians..

get out now

and china get out tibet too
--
February 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

What I would like to see sometime at some point is a final end to the role that Russia people have been locked into for many centuries: The role of getting screwed over in general and nothing ever seems to go right for them.

The Mongols pulled back from Eastern Europe, but unlucky Russia remained occupied by them for hundreds of years. The tsars of Russia were seldom ever looking out for the best interests of their people and were brutal lords in most circumstances. World War I, the Russians suffered terribly. This led them directly into the Bolshevik Revolution and Communist rule ... which ultimately led them back to the same mess. The people were sacrificed for the "greater good of Russia/the USSR", etc. Stalin easily outdid any tsar in his insane brutalization of the Russian People. Every former member of the Warsaw Pact is doing relatively well after the fall of Communism with one notable exception: Russia (and the other Commonwealth States).

When are the Russian People going to catch a break???
February 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

how long do u think Russia can become a ECONOMIC super power again
February 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
how long do u think Russia can become a ECONOMIC super power again
In reality, I don't believe they ever were an ECONOMIC Super-Power. Mostly, they just focussed more their economy on building up their military and let everything else go. I hope things work out for Russia someday.
February 2nd, 2005  
Sexybeast

well...there were a period that Soviet Union's GDP is some 70-80% of U.S's GDP...

although not a free market, Soviets' economy still helps Soviet union to have a huge and strong military during that time.....

one thing we must agree is that only strong economy can sustain a strong military power in a long term base (not short time, if russia's economy still does not improve, and its military facilities stop selling weapons to india and china, its "strong" and "state-of-art" military tech will perish probably)
February 2nd, 2005  
MadeInChina

well, to first improve the economy must come new resolutions and new laws

ive read articles about russia's social unrest and sex slave trade, its a pretty scary russia

its mostly the probelms with the government.
February 2nd, 2005  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
well...there were a period that Soviet Union's GDP is some 70-80% of U.S's GDP...

although not a free market, Soviets' economy still helps Soviet union to have a huge and strong military during that time.....

one thing we must agree is that only strong economy can sustain a strong military power in a long term base (not short time, if russia's economy still does not improve, and its military facilities stop selling weapons to india and china, its "strong" and "state-of-art" military tech will perish probably)
I'm not sure that the Soviet Union ever truly had that level of GDP, though I don't doubt that they probably reported it as such. Unfortunately, the ol' Soviet Union was not very forthcoming about real facts with a strong tendency to report 'creatively modified' numbers. It may have been a bogus GDP reporting or something else. They also pegged the value of the Ruble at 1 dollar even though everybody knew it was never actually worth that. Its really hard to say what truly went on.

You're right when you say that a strong economy is essential to maintain a strong military. Russia's military technology is superb, but their economy is a mess and they can't actually mass produce their lovely inventions for themselves because they can't afford it. I wish I could fix it for them but the source of the problems lie with the Russian people. Such is always the case when it comes to economics. When the majority of Russians become obsessed with Russia's success and work as hard as they are capable of to achieve it, prosperity is not far off. The Russian Mafia isn't helping matters.
February 4th, 2005  
MadeInChina

only time will tell in the meanwhile the mafias controlling the economy